InfiniTV tuner networking issues

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
substyle

HTPC Specs: Show details

InfiniTV tuner networking issues

Post by substyle » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:19 am

Hello, i'm hoping you guys might be able to help a noob out with a TV tuner / networking problem.

I bought the Ceton InfiniTV 4 and installed it in my basement no problem. I was able to set up tuner 1/4 in the basement and tuner 2/4 in my bedroom over Wireless N network. I have Verizon fios as service provider.

The tuner over wireless works but isn't great. My wireless signal is able to stream 1080p mkv's perfectly without any skipping at all but I guess the tuner requires a bit of a stronger signal.

Since I didn't really need that coaxial cable in my room anymore (that was plugged into the STB before) i bought this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008EQ4BQG

Everything but the tuner seems to work perfectly with this adapter kit. I can see everything on my network. I can still stream MKV's from my media server and I can even access the InfiniTV webpage from the computer plugged in via the adapter...but I can't "detect" it thru the diagnostic tool or WMC.

Any ideas?

erkotz

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by erkotz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:05 am

Try clearing your network tuner configuration and setting it up again - it sounds like something is confused there.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation