Echo Settings Plugin = no sleep

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
rabbit1543

HTPC Specs: Show details

Echo Settings Plugin = no sleep

Post by rabbit1543 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:36 pm

http://cetoncorp.com/echo-settings-plugin/

I am very pleased to see this plugin but unfortunately for me it has some ill affects on my htpc. When this plugin is installed, my PC no longer sleeps properly. It attempts to sleep but it falls into this odd mode where the fans are running and it will not wake up requiring a reboot by holding down the power button. I'm not sure if anyone else is seeing this but i figure id throw it out there in case others exhibit the same symptoms. After uninstalling the plugin my PC will sleep normally.

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:30 pm

We haven't seen this, but we will test it out for sure. x64 or x86 system? do you just have the PC set to sleep after X amount of time? any special scripts or anything running? Let us know we will get on it.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

rabbit1543

Post by rabbit1543 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:39 pm

Motz,
Thanks for taking a peek at this. My setup is Win7 x64. No special scripts. I have my sleep setting for 5 minutes. I also noticed the same issue when forcing sleep via the keyboard, or remote. Let me know if i can provide any more information to help.

rabbit1543

Post by rabbit1543 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:46 pm

Please ignore this. I've reinstalled the plugin and all is well. I think this might have been a false alarm. I have a dinovo edge keyboard mouse combo that i think was causing this problem. I've noticed it happen in the past when the keyboard was in the charging dock. In this case the battery was low and possibly causing the sleep issue. Appologies.