Changelog for Firmware & Hardware

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
TeddyR

HTPC Specs: Show details

Changelog for Firmware & Hardware

Post by TeddyR » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:34 pm

Is there anywhere and if not, then if possible could Ceton post more details on what changes are in the different firmware and hardware fw that are available for the InfiniTV devices [both production and beta]? The download page is extremely vague on exactly what has been "fixed" or enhanced in each of the firmware changes...
Time is on my side.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:10 am

Our release contain significant amount of enhancements and fixes, and it isn't feasible to publicly document every fix. Is there a specific reason you are asking?
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

TeddyR

Post by TeddyR » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:17 am

No specific reason.

It helps when deciding to update if there is something on a changelog where one could think "ah-ha" when deciding to either upgrade their own system or if someone is having an issue that the changelog may identify as having been fixed. Many people would not install any beta software unless something is specifically listed (I tend to be on the "cutting edge", since I know that there are often MANY fixes that are not mentioned for whatever reason for both my ceton and SD tuners) even though the firmware/software is considered by nearly everyome as being superior to the shipping/release versions. It may also get people who have given up on the devices to "try again"...

plus... if you are not "documenting every fix", how are you tracking regression issues/ or if the changes have issues? The changelog does not have to be detailed as in "code", but a one liner like "changed NDS cablecard detection" or "fixed incompatibility with XXXXX motherboard" or "fixed SDV issue with cisco TA firmware prior to XXXX" would probably suffice.
Time is on my side.

volfan6415

Post by volfan6415 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:30 pm

+1 on a changelog. When the infini first came out there was a change log for the various beta firmwares that were released. It was definately a plus in my book. Granted that was back when there was a new version coming out almost once every 2 weeks so I was updating alot more frequently.

Heghmoh Qib

Post by Heghmoh Qib » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:51 pm

+1 on the changelog

I like to keep track of changes and fixes. Especially when I have trouble with the thing I'm updating. Something could have been fixed that would explain certain issues. Also if the update broke something and you need to rollback. More info is always good. You guys are too introverted. Be more outgoing. That's how you get the lady's. :thumbup: