What is wrong with my setup?

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
tcs2tx

HTPC Specs: Show details

What is wrong with my setup?

Post by tcs2tx » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:42 pm

I have 3 HTPC clients with Win7 and have installed Ceton Companion on each. For each HTPC client from my iPhone, I am able to (1) connect to the HTPC, (2) view the guide, (3) schedule a recording, and (4) see a list of previously recorded TV programs. However, on each client I am unable to (A) from the guide, select a channel for tuning, (B) from the list of recorded programs, select a recording to begin playing, or (C) use any key on the remote. In summary, it appears I am essentially only able to connect and view the HTPC, but not interact with the HTPC. I assume that it is my fault, so what am I missing?

Motz

Post by Motz » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:02 pm

Give the HTPCs a quick reboot along with the app. It is probably just something with the plugin that needs to be initialized which is what controls A,B, & C.
Let me know.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

tcs2tx

Post by tcs2tx » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:07 pm

Motz wrote:Give the HTPCs a quick reboot along with the app. It is probably just something with the plugin that needs to be initialized which is what controls A,B, & C.
Let me know.
Thanks for the reply. I'll try later today and report back. I don't expect it to make a difference because I installed the app on the earliest client many restarts ago, but I will do so again just to rule out.

Motz

Post by Motz » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:01 am

Hmmm interesting, yeah unless something else is blocking the commands. do you have any antivirus/firewall stuff installed on the pcs? Are all of the setups the same with the same plugins?

if you go into WMC and go to Settings->Start menu & Extras -> Extras Library -> ... Do you see "Ceton Otay"?
I Write, Code, and Tweet

tcs2tx

Post by tcs2tx » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:04 am

I must say that I am surprised. It now works - at least for the first client I tried. As you said, I restarted the client and also the app on the iPhone. Thanks again.