CableCard re-pairs at startup

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
GreenGuy

HTPC Specs: Show details

CableCard re-pairs at startup

Post by GreenGuy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:33 pm

First off, hello forum. I've been lurking around this place for tech support the past couple of months. Many thanks are due to this community. Unfortunately, I've encountered an issue I can't find a resolution to. My service provider is of no help either.

I am running a PCI Infinitv. All was working fine and well for about a month until Ceton diagnostics stated that a validation signal hasn't been received and I lose premium and HD channels. So I call my provider and have them pair again and all is well. This happens a few times until I come to the realization that it occurs at every power cycle. Diagnostics show the card in a pairing state after startup. Then I notice the host data changes each time as well.

At first I thought it may have something to do with the splitter I put between the tuner and the modem. I was having some weak signal issues and pixelation when I did this. I cleared all of that up by removing a redudant splitter in the basement. Signals are coming in strong now, so I don't think it's a related issue. -4.1 dBmV 37.9 dB. Has anyone else encountered this? Sorry if this has been posted before. I gave the search feature a good college effort.

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:00 pm

First this sounds like you have a Moto card since you mention a data line. Have you checked the cableCARD menu itself? Open the Ceton WebGui for your tuner (if you haven't done network tuners then the default is 192.168.200.1 and click on the cableCARD tab and about midway down you'll see a link to the cableCARD. There you can see all the internals of your cableCARD.

Also, if you haven't done so, install the new beta drivers for your tuner http://cetoncorp.com/infinitv_support/b ... er-update/ Once you install that you can go the new diagnostic tool it installs to the update tab and check the box for beta and it'll search for new FW and HW updates for your card. If they are available do them one at a time. The HW update when completed requires that you shut down the computer completely since it writes new hardware data and you need a clean PCI bus on start up to make sure it gets loaded.

If on that restart you still don't have the card paired, before you do anything click on the diagnose tab and run a scan and put a notation in the box. Then call in again if you have to for service from your cable provider, when the card is paired do another scan. Then open a ticket with Ceton support and attach your scan files to your report.

The two times I've seen this issue, the first time it was the cableCARD, the second time it was a memory issue with the tuner. But the FW might clear the issue as well. Remember on a restart the card has to get a validation from the headend on the OOB frequency and a weak signal can be a problem as well.

BTW with the new driver and FW you'll have the cableCARD serial number on the webgui along with alot of other data.

Good luck.

John

GreenGuy

Post by GreenGuy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:08 am

The webgui and diagnostic utility both show the same card status and information. Latest FW and beta drivers are already installed. I can rule out it being a card issue as I've swapped it for a new one today. I'll be a bit disappointed if this is an issue with the infinitv itself as it will be my second RMA. The first one wouldn't clear tuner assignment.
Last edited by GreenGuy on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:57 am

Please open a support ticket with us and we will get you sorted out
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

GreenGuy

Post by GreenGuy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:47 pm

Thanks. A ticket has been submitted.