Tuner Sharing Between Windows 7 and 8?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
skim32

HTPC Specs: Show details

Tuner Sharing Between Windows 7 and 8?

Post by skim32 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:47 am

I understand that network bridging isn't supported in windows 8. So my question is, my InfiniTV4 is installed in a Windows 7 computer. However I want to share one of the tuners with a Windows 8 box. That should be okay right? Can anyone confirm?

ahwman

Post by ahwman » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:57 am

skim32 wrote:I understand that network bridging isn't supported in windows 8. So my question is, my InfiniTV4 is installed in a Windows 7 computer. However I want to share one of the tuners with a Windows 8 box. That should be okay right? Can anyone confirm?
That should work fine. Windows 8 does not allow network bridging directly so it cannot act as the host in terms of sharing tuners, however it can act as a client...

Reamer

Post by Reamer » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:08 pm

Do you have any information on the setup?
I'm running a Win7x64 host with the latest beta drivers installed and my Win8x64 client cannot connect. I run through the network tuner wizard within WMC without error, but then after when I go to the liveTV setup it does not detect a tuner. Then if I check the network tuner wizard again the tuners that I assigned to the Win8 box are unassigned.

Yokel22

Post by Yokel22 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:44 am

Reamer, I was having the same problem with the same x64 setup. I was able to get it configured after resetting the card to factory settings & clearing the network settings within the diagnostic tool. It doesn't seem to be completely functional at the moment. I tried assigning 2 tuners to a satellite win8 box. When WMC finalized the tv signal setup it would always assign all four tuners. Live tv & dvr functions do work properly on the satellite box though.

Reamer

Post by Reamer » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:35 am

Thanks for the tip. I'll try resetting everything to factory defaults on the host and try starting it all over tonight.

Klownicle

Post by Klownicle » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:06 am

I'm also trying to get the tuner working on windows 8, the host is windows 7 and is confirmed to be working as it should. When I go through the ceton wizard in wmc everything works as it should, the tuner is selected and made dedicated to the guest pc. But when ceton resets wmc to go through the live tv setup, windows 8 reports no tuner found to even start the wizard.

Ceton detects everything as it should inside and outside of wmc. Tried running as administrator and windows 8 pro is x86.

Has anyone confirmed this to be working? Again nothing to do with the bridging. I'm using the PCIe edition.

Reamer

Post by Reamer » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:16 am

It worked for me after factory resets on the host and client (then reboot) using the latest beta drivers from the driver update in the diagnostic. Good luck.

Klownicle

Post by Klownicle » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:20 am

Can you describe your exact setup for host and guest pc? What tuners are assigned where, what arch each os is, etc?

I've reset and still get tuner not found in WMC on 8.

Edit; I reset again, and instead of running the network tuner wizard on the guest, I just went straight to live tv setup and it detected the card. I configured it (4 tuners) at this time, and it worked. I ran through again and only choose 1 tuner and it works. I don't know. I haven't done anything different.

Edit 2: It seems the "Network Tuners" part is what is borked in Windows 8, if you do Network Tuners > Reset to Factory, then choose the tuners in Live TV Setup through manual. It works. But when you use Network Tuners wizard it messes up the tuner configuration and WMC will no longer see a Tuner.

Edit 3: Confirmed, Skiping the Network Tuners option all together, and configuring the signal manually without assigning tuners works everytime I try. And I was able to view multiple channels without issues. Ok im a happy camper now. Goodnight lol...

Wonky...