SDV Error 1 / No signal / channel unavailable

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
cucamelsmd15

HTPC Specs: Show details

SDV Error 1 / No signal / channel unavailable

Post by cucamelsmd15 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:40 am

I figured I would post this for public consumption...

Ive been working with TWC in NC over the past two weeks with a recurring error involving one of the three issues in the thread title. The issue isnt with my system, its with the TWC SDV headend. I wind up with channel maps with zero channels in them, and the tuning adapter cant tune based on zero channels obviously. The SDV Error 1 tends to pop up when it can find the channel, and tries to tune, but gets no response from the head end.

For those experiencing this sort of issue, the CC support desk needs to log a trouble ticket. My issue was resolved shortly thereafter. Im not sure what has been wrong with the SDV servers/nodes for the past few weeks, but my current issue seems to be resolved thus far. I will say, the beta drivers that Ceton recommended with my support ticket have greatly improved my tuning speed, but alas, didnt do much to fix TWCs problems. :lol:

Also, its worth mentioning, erkotz is famous. :lol: Not joking, when I mentioned that I had a Ceton card, lived in NC, and had been working with Ceton on my ticket/had the beta drivers, his name came up in conversation.

TeddyR

Post by TeddyR » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:42 am

If you had a Cisco STA1520 TA with firmware 1402 check to see if they have updated it to at least 1501 (1601 is the latest). There are known issues with 1402 and TA timeouts causing all three issues listed in your topic.
Time is on my side.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:04 am

The TWC folks know who i am...im always working with them :-)
TWC *shouldn't* have 1402 deployed anywhere anymore. They should be a mix of 1501 and 1601. I believe I've eradicated 1402 in the US completely except for a a little tiny operator I'm currently begging to upgrade (I thought it was gone completely, but this one popped up)
Now to just finish my eradication of Motorola TA firmware <1.36 and my life will be simpler...
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

cucamelsmd15

Post by cucamelsmd15 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 pm

I'll check my adapters tonight when I get home, but I'm pretty sure both of them are 1501.

I wish I wouldn't have waited so long to jump on the beta bandwagon though.