InfiniTV

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Wolfshadw

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Wolfshadw » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:17 pm

TheOsburnFamil wrote:
Wolfshadw wrote: I'm sure that when I do show up at the local office, I'll be told that self-install packages are not available and I'll have to jump through hoops again (I did print out the Live Chat session), but a little bit of persistence and I should be up and running this weekend!
-Wolf sends
Yeah-- you're screwed. LOL j/k

On a positive note-- Installer has come and gone. Successful install of 2nd Ceton & TA!!!!

Insert McDonalds jingle here: bah-daht-dah-da-dah I'm lovin' it!

:evil:
Damn! We must be psychic!

... and so much for a little persistence :oops:

So my Ceton card arrived today (barely). Had it delivered to me at the office. Normally, it comes in around noon. By 2:30pm, no sign of it. Had already checked UPS tracking which said it had been delivered. Had to go to the mail room and apparently, they had misplaced it before making their runs. Stopped by the local Comcast office to pick up the cablecard... "Sorry, we don't have those in this store at this time! Our installers have them.". After regaining my composure and explaining that I was specifically told by Comcast Tech Support, that I could come to the local office and pick up a cablecard, they did offer to schedule an install at their earliest convenience (Wednesday) and the fee will be waived. Additionally, the fee for the cablecard is also being waived for one year for the inconvenience.

Nice of them, but there go my weekend plans!

-Wolf sends

STC

Post by STC » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:04 am

Best laid plans....
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

rbmorse

Post by rbmorse » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:57 pm

You had plans for the weekend beyond playing with your new InfiniTV4?

STC

Post by STC » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:15 pm

Next three posts moved to new topic by STC:
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... ?f=6&t=381

josim

Post by josim » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:23 pm

Good news, I got my InfiniTV 4 :) Unfortunately, have to wait 2 days for Charter to deliver the Cable Card(longish story)

Anyway, I have the card installed. Went through the installation steps til "install cable card". Ceton Diagnostic Tool has indicated the following on the Devices tab "InfiniTV is not configured for use with Media Center. Please reinstall InfiniTV drivers". I reinstalled, which got Window Support Services running, but I still have the red flag regarding drivers.

So, since I don't have the cable card installed, Is this normal? I'd like to have everything ready to go when the card arrives. Thanks in advance!

John

EmirOfGroofunkistan

Post by EmirOfGroofunkistan » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:04 am

unfortunately, I'm 0 for 2 on Ceton. I have a mATX board with only two PCIe slots. I have a fanless video card in the PCIe x16 slot, so the ceton has to go in the PCIe x1 slot. Unfortunately, the ceton is so long it hits the RAM bracket AND it hits the video card which pushes the ceton to an angle that it won't fit in the PCIe slot. :shock:

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:58 am

EmirOfGroofunkistan wrote: Unfortunately, the ceton is so long it hits the RAM bracket AND it hits the video card which pushes the ceton to an angle that it won't fit in the PCIe slot.
Do you have any unused PCI slots available on your system? If so, you can use a ribbon riser. I had a similar issue with the InfiniTV clashing with the RAM modules. I installed my InfiniTV into an unused PCI slot, and made the connection to the PCIe port via two ribbon risers changed together; it works perfectly.

HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

EmirOfGroofunkistan

Post by EmirOfGroofunkistan » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:10 pm

hmm...I do, maybe I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the suggestion ... I may also end up opting for the HD homerun prime ... but now I've stepped out of line for the preorder and have to wait even longer :( Someday, this build will happen!

I haven't used ribbon risers before, how does it attach to the PCI slot and / or the infinitv?

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:51 pm

EmirOfGroofunkistan wrote: I haven't used ribbon risers before, how does it attach to the PCI slot and / or the infinitv?
http://www.9mart.com/products/2-Lots-PC ... apter.html

There is no interaction with the PCI interface. The InfiniTV card simply sits in an empty expansion slot (where you would put a PCI card), but doesn't actually use the PCI interface on the motherboard. In my case, I daisy chained two ribbon risers together. One end gets connected to the PCIe x1 slot on the motherboard, the other is connected to the bottom of the InfiniTV card.

STC

Post by STC » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:32 pm

Just FYI there was a chat over at WEC sometime ago about the Infini clashing with various parts on certain motherboards. Jeremy at Ceton advised the Infini's were built to spec concerning size constraints and it was the motherboard manufacturers squeezing compnents out of spec that cause the issues.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:55 pm

stonethecrows wrote:Just FYI there was a chat over at WEC sometime ago about the Infini clashing with various parts on certain motherboards.
Indeed. http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows ... spx#531078

EmirOfGroofunkistan

Post by EmirOfGroofunkistan » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:25 am

they may want to take note in the next redesign to allow for a little more space even though they built it to spec. Knowing that some MB manufacturer's and video card makers build things a little large and the fact that their customer base is very interested (as a whole) in fitting these things in as small a space as possible...

jerrylives2000

Post by jerrylives2000 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:14 am

I just got my Ceton installed and got the cablecard hooked up with the cable head end but i still have 2 issues. The first is a hdcp issue where i can record and replay those recording but live tv gives me a hdcp error? NVidea reports everything as being HDCP complient? Any ideas?

My second issue is with the guide in media center. It does not list any channels above 1000 and that is where all my HD channels live her on Comcast. When I use thw Ceton diagnostic tool it allows me to check the channel autorization for those channels but they dont sho in the guide so i have no idea how to watch them.

And i agree with the sizing on the card, I had to remove one of my video cards and the HD audio header to get the Ceton to seat and then reinstall everything. Yike!

Thanks for any help,
Jerrylives2000

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:26 am

jerrylives2000 wrote:The first is a hdcp issue where i can record and replay those recording but live tv gives me a hdcp error? Any ideas?
Have you tried upgrading or downgrading your video driver? This issue once occurred after I upgraded a video driver. I had to downgrade to resolve the issue.
jerrylives2000 wrote:My second issue is with the guide in media center. It does not list any channels above 1000 and that is where all my HD channels live her on Comcast.
Are you sure you selected the correct channel line-up for your area? Try different lineups if they are available.

jerrylives2000

Post by jerrylives2000 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:42 am

Scallica wrote:
jerrylives2000 wrote:The first is a hdcp issue where i can record and replay those recording but live tv gives me a hdcp error? Any ideas?
Have you tried upgrading or downgrading your video driver? This issue once occurred after I upgraded a video driver. I had to downgrade to resolve the issue.

This was the first thing i tried but no change
jerrylives2000 wrote:My second issue is with the guide in media center. It does not list any channels above 1000 and that is where all my HD channels live her on Comcast.
Are you sure you selected the correct channel line-up for your area? Try different lineups if they are available.
All the other channels show up in the guide and are correct just none of the 1000+ channels

I am runnig 2 Geforce GTX275's into a Dell3008wfp. I've tried using a lower resolution in hopes that was the issue but no luck.

Jerrylives2000

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:16 am

Have you tried using a different HDMI cable? or a different HDMI port on your display?

Do the channels appear when you search for your zip code on Zap2it? http://www.zap2it.com/

I would also open a support ticket with Ceton.

jerrylives2000

Post by jerrylives2000 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:37 am

Scallica wrote:Have you tried using a different HDMI cable? or a different HDMI port on your display?

Do the channels appear when you search for your zip code on Zap2it? http://www.zap2it.com/

I would also open a support ticket with Ceton.
I havnt tried a different cable as i only have one 2way dvi as i'm running 2560 x 1600.
I was looking on zap2it when you posted. All channls are shown on thier website but not in the guide.

Jerrylives2000

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:00 pm

jerrylives2000 wrote: All the other channels show up in the guide and are correct just none of the 1000+ channels
Apparently, the default limit for channel numbers is 3 digits. if you want 4 digit channels to appear, you must modify the registry. Take a look at JohnW248's post on the WEC:

http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows ... 23933.aspx

jerrylives2000

Post by jerrylives2000 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:42 pm

Scallica wrote:
jerrylives2000 wrote: All the other channels show up in the guide and are correct just none of the 1000+ channels
Apparently, the default limit for channel numbers is 3 digits. if you want 4 digit channels to appear, you must modify the registry. Take a look at JohnW248's post on the WEC:

http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows ... 23933.aspx

That was awsome! thanks. That should be stickied somewhere as it was a quick and easy fix. Now if i can get the dumb as issue with the HDCP figured out.

Jerrylives2000
Attachments
badhdcp.jpg
This shows where NVidea and windows are disagreeing
badhdcp.jpg (119.7 KiB) Viewed 2370 times

STC

Post by STC » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:05 pm

Have you succesfully run the Cable Advisor tool?

It's in MC7/Extras