Can't delete recorded TV located on Home Server

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
nevets209

HTPC Specs: Show details

Can't delete recorded TV located on Home Server

Post by nevets209 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:53 pm

I can play recorded TV just fine, but it will not delete. My TV shows are archived to a Windows Home Server 2011. When I hit delete from the companion app they are removed from the companion app list but are still on the server and if I go to recorded TV in Media Center they are still there. I tested shutting off auto archive and when the file is on my local Media Center they delete just fine. I am using the Android and iOS apps current version and current companion services version.

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:02 am

Interesting.I am out of the state for the week but will look into this when I get back I have the same setup as you. Have you entered your network credentials in the companion services config on your htpc?
I Write, Code, and Tweet

nevets209

Post by nevets209 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:41 am

Yes I do have my credentials entered.

Motz

Post by Motz » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:41 pm

Interesting no me else have mentioned this. Does the htpc account have read and write access?

On the htpc when you try to delete something from the app you can take a look in the system application log to see if there are any errors.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

nevets209

Post by nevets209 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:00 pm

Ok, I got it working. Here is what I did. I opened services and found the CDataSvc , went to the logon tab and instead of Logon as: Local system account, I selected this account , then entered my account and password and restarted the service.