Windows 8 Dell RC260 Remote Help!

grandad

HTPC Specs: Show details

Windows 8 Dell RC260 Remote Help!

Post by grandad » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:27 pm

Hi all, first time poster so please be gentle!! I have a Dell Inspiron One 2310 that I've been using as a media center with the bundled RC260 remote and Windows 7 for quite a while and its been great! I just upgraded to Windows 8 and the media center pack and the remote no longer works!

I have checked device manager and all devices are correctly installed and working, what's even more strange is that I have a Logitech harmony 555 for my living room setup and that DOES work with this machine without any extra config (its set up to work with win 7 on a different machine) which I guess proves the receiver works...but the remote itself still works under win7 on the same hardware!

I have tried downloading IR remote testing software and it recognises the device is connected but I don't know where to turn next? For now I'm running win 7 in dual boot...any advice would be really appreciated.

luca.ortolani

Post by luca.ortolani » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:13 am

Hi Grandad,
I solved the same issue (remote RC260 with my Inspiron One 2320) with installation of new Dell driver for Windows 8, at below link

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/it/ ... n-one-2320

This worked fine for my 2320 you can try with your 2310

The driver solved my issue is "ITE 8519 IR Receiver" founded in "Input" menu.

Try with this

Good Luck!

Luca

grandad

Post by grandad » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:36 pm

luca.ortolani wrote:Hi Grandad,
I solved the same issue (remote RC260 with my Inspiron One 2320) with installation of new Dell driver for Windows 8, at below link

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/it/ ... n-one-2320

This worked fine for my 2320 you can try with your 2310

The driver solved my issue is "ITE 8519 IR Receiver" founded in "Input" menu.

Try with this

Good Luck!

Luca
Thanks for the advice Luca, unfortunately the 2310 IR Receiver seems to be a different make/model, guess I will have to wait and see whether Dell decide to release a driver update for it, unless anyone else can point me in another direction?