Extender keeps wanting to run through setup

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
rliepins

HTPC Specs: Show details

Extender keeps wanting to run through setup

Post by rliepins » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:54 pm

Hello all

I am having some peculiar issues with my DMA2100 Extender and Windows 7 64bit Windows Media Center. The problem is that if the extender is rebooted, it runs through the setup process again. If I reboot the HTPC, then it connects fine without going through setup. The system and extender were running fine for a while, so this is a new issue. I don't want to have to run through the setup process each time I reboot my extender, so finding the root cause is the goal. It seems that something just gets plain stuck and rebooting the system is the only way to clear it up.

I have looked at the logs on the W7 box, but can't find anything out of the ordinary, or at least events that correspond to the event. I do see some Media Center warnings - Event ID 117 - The Media Center Extender user was abruptly disconnected. But it doesn't seem to correspond to the issue time wise.

I have attempted to restart the Media Center Extender service, but that didn't work.

Is there a way to enable more extensive debug logging or anything like that? Are there any other key services to attempt to run setup? Could it be an extender user account issue? Certificate issue?

Rebuilding the HTPC could be an option, but I'd rather find the root cause than to just rebuild.

Any help would be most appreciated.