Media Center TV Tuners Prior to the CETON ...

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
newfiend

HTPC Specs: Show details

Media Center TV Tuners Prior to the CETON ...

Post by newfiend » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:05 am

I think this is what adding a cable subscription to Media Center must have looked like prior to Ceton's wonderful InfiniTV 4... :mrgreen:
317498_10151248168672674_2115290202_n.jpg
Adding a few Cable Boxes to Meida Center
\
newfiend~

RyC

Post by RyC » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:53 am

Is this from tomorrow's episode where they become a Nielsen family?

gpatlanta

Post by gpatlanta » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:57 am

I didn't feel like mine looked too far off from this when I had two Tuning Adapters sitting there..

Love Family Guy...too funny.
Greg

werds

Post by werds » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:02 pm

lol My HTPC looked just like this when I used to have 6, yes SIX, ATI HD650 tv tuners in my htpc and connected the analog and digital inputs. This was before Comcast went and got rid of all analog signals in our service area and before I got my ceton cards... but even now I still have 3 of the ATI's paired with one Ceton InfinTV4 (my cheapskate self didnt want to give Comcast an extra $10 dollars a month for an outlet fee just to run a second ceton tuner card...) But the ATI's still pull in a decent handful of channels which we DVR regularly so they still are worthwhile for now... at least until Comcast encrypts those channels too and makes the tuner cards relics!

The other thing that makes me chuckle about your picture - was how naive I was back then... I had no idea that splitting my cable that many times caused signal drop and was always mad when my analog channels came in like poop lol.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:18 pm

gpatlanta wrote:I didn't feel like mine looked too far off from this when I had two Tuning Adapters sitting there..

Two? I think my record was 6 TAs on a single PC (back when they only supported 2 tuners)
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

gpatlanta

Post by gpatlanta » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:10 am

erkotz wrote:
gpatlanta wrote:I didn't feel like mine looked too far off from this when I had two Tuning Adapters sitting there..

Two? I think my record was 6 TAs on a single PC (back when they only supported 2 tuners)
To that I say in the spirit of Peter Griffin to his daughter Meg...

Erkotz.... :P ppllllaaaa (this was supposed to be the sticks tongue out emoticon with a spitting noise)
Greg

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:07 am

The back of my entertainment center looks similar to that picture now .. amazing how many wires and power cords to various electronics I have back there... I just hope Hurricane Sandy does't ruin it for me early next week...

newfiend~