[iOS] Number counts next to Recorded TV, Movie Gallery, etc

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
grinchy

HTPC Specs: Show details

[iOS] Number counts next to Recorded TV, Movie Gallery, etc

Post by grinchy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:39 pm

I've noticed from time to time I'll see a number next to "Recorded TV" or Movie Gallery (upon the latest services that fixes the movie functionality). Can someone explain what the correct behavior of this value is?

It seems very random when it appears and only appears once - after you've accessed that section, it won't appear again. It seems like it's a "new" tally of recordings or movies - but I don't consistently see it. I'm not sure if there's a bug somewhere here - but need more info on what it's suppposed to be doing and when it should show.

Motz

Post by Motz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:21 pm

So this number is the number of either new recorded episodes or movies added since the last time you went into this section. For iOS I might have to clean it up a bit as I think I only query it when you connect to the PC cleanly from the select PC page.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

grinchy

Post by grinchy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:10 pm

Ah OK - that makes sense then. I rarely go through the select PC section so that's consistent with what I am/was seeing. Do you want me to create a bug to get into your backlog? Thanks!

Motz

Post by Motz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:12 pm

you can create a bug after more testing in the tracker, i guess we just want it to be updated more often when you come into the app.
I Write, Code, and Tweet