Movies not Playing

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
Wilky13

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Wilky13 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:38 am

Installed the latest Ceton Companion Service on my HTPC. All my movies show up in the Ceton Companion App on my iPad and iPhone, yeah! I already use Media Center Master to download folder artwork, backdrop artwork, and meta data. I use Media Browser to watch all my movies in WMC. I don't want the Ceton Service downloading extra folder and backdrop jpegs to my movie folders and have it deselected in the service. How do I setup the service to use the folder.png and backdrop.png already in the folders instead of downloading jpegs? I would like that pretty artwork to be seen on the iPad!

Cozzman2k

Post by Cozzman2k » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:07 pm

If you read my previous post I did just that. The info in the XMl file is fine. I've rebooted the service an the HTPC. That not the file I think MCE is using.

Motz

Post by Motz » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:26 pm

Wilky13 wrote:Installed the latest Ceton Companion Service on my HTPC. All my movies show up in the Ceton Companion App on my iPad and iPhone, yeah! I already use Media Center Master to download folder artwork, backdrop artwork, and meta data. I use Media Browser to watch all my movies in WMC. I don't want the Ceton Service downloading extra folder and backdrop jpegs to my movie folders and have it deselected in the service. How do I setup the service to use the folder.png and backdrop.png already in the folders instead of downloading jpegs? I would like that pretty artwork to be seen on the iPad!
We have a few more tweaks to make to use pre-existing metadata or to download the artwork seperately, we will be pushing out beta builds over time.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Motz

Post by Motz » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:34 pm

Cozzman2k wrote:If you read my previous post I did just that. The info in the XMl file is fine. I've rebooted the service an the HTPC. That not the file I think MCE is using.
So a few things to try out..
1 if you are on android select a movie and you will see "available from" and you should see collection. Long press on it and you will see the file path that we are trying to start. If that is not correct then there is an issue there.

If you don't have android you can use process monitor: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... 96645.aspx
Simply unzip it. Once you open it you will want to turn off the capture right away (look like a maginfying glass).

Then you will want to setup some filters (little cone icon). Follow my image to add it in, but I used .avi, use .mkv or whatever file you are trying to start.

Then hit apply on there after you add it and then start the capture again. then use your phone to start the movie and you should see the file come up as to where it is trying to be played from
Attachments
proc mon.PNG
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Cozzman2k

Post by Cozzman2k » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:32 pm

I'll give it a try tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for you help.

Wilky13

Post by Wilky13 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:52 pm

Motz wrote:
Wilky13 wrote:Installed the latest Ceton Companion Service on my HTPC. All my movies show up in the Ceton Companion App on my iPad and iPhone, yeah! I already use Media Center Master to download folder artwork, backdrop artwork, and meta data. I use Media Browser to watch all my movies in WMC. I don't want the Ceton Service downloading extra folder and backdrop jpegs to my movie folders and have it deselected in the service. How do I setup the service to use the folder.png and backdrop.png already in the folders instead of downloading jpegs? I would like that pretty artwork to be seen on the iPad!
We have a few more tweaks to make to use pre-existing metadata or to download the artwork seperately, we will be pushing out beta builds over time.
Look forward to it. Will it be posted at: http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... php?t=2655 ?

Motz

Post by Motz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:51 am

Wilky13 wrote: Look forward to it. Will it be posted at: http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... php?t=2655 ?
For new beta builds we will create a new thread for it. In the same announcement place as those though.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

werd

Post by werd » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:17 am

Is there a way to help YAMMM find certain movies? For example it doesn't seem to find metadata for Old School. If there is a way to help YAMMM out i would love to know, thanks!

Folder structure is Old School (2003) and inside file is Old School (2003)

PS: On iOS is there a way to see how many total movies it is showing in my movie gallery without counting each one? Thanks!

Motz

Post by Motz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:53 am

Take a look at this guide:
http://www.cetoncorp.com/documents/Comp ... pGuide.pdf

On Page 3 I list out tons of hints for it including using imdb and such.

Also on iOS no way of a total count... however michael did want me to put that there like 6 months ago and I refused.... so maybe now I will :)
I Write, Code, and Tweet

werd

Post by werd » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:16 am

Great thanks motz, listen to Michael!

One last thing sometimes when in WMC scrolling through the movies my movie metaart will disappear and than reappear within a few seconds, is this normal?

Motz

Post by Motz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:40 am

@werd
I may just have to listen to him for once :) As for WMC and movie gallery yeah that happens from time to time if new items are added or modified. Usually after a while it settles down :)
I Write, Code, and Tweet

grinchy

Post by grinchy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:33 pm

Quick question - so if we use MyMovies and already have folder.jpg (and associated art) AND disable the downloading of artwork in the Companion app settings, should we see that artwork from the existing data or is it (current) behavior not to show any artwork at all?

As of now, it will not show any artwork... I'm guessing since YAMMM hasn't cached any data (due to me electing not to download any)?

Motz

Post by Motz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:01 pm

@grinchy, in an upcoming beta build it will do as you described.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

grinchy

Post by grinchy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:08 pm

Thanks Motz! Just wanted to make sure that was expected before submitting a bug :)