Movie Library wierdness

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
rliepins

HTPC Specs: Show details

Movie Library wierdness

Post by rliepins » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:30 pm

Hello

I have the latest version (12.9.18.1227) of the Companion application installed on my HTPC (your usual Windows 7 64 bit Windows Media Center setup). I also have an iPhone and iPad with the companion apps installed. Everything works pretty good now (after a couple uninstall and reinstalls due to crashing) except for movies. All the movies in the Recorded TV section show up, but not my ripped DVDs. I have the folders added to the Movies library in WMC and also in the Companion configuration. But none of my movies show up. I've tried to clear the YAMMM cache, but that folder didn't even exist (C:\ProgramData\Yammm\cache). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but no go.

I've seen references to similar problems on here, but they were supposedly taken care of with updates. Not with me.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Motz

Post by Motz » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:45 pm

We are working on a new update and should be out extremely soon :)
I Write, Code, and Tweet

gator99

Post by gator99 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:43 pm

Now that you guys have the Movies Meta Data features working - I have a question regarding Yamm. First here is my setup W7 Pro (64 bit) Media browser is running on my machine and Ceton services (12.10.20.660) - Ceton App 1.2.4.

Everything seems to working except out of my entire library a few movies just won't load (tried clearing cache - on PC and phone) several times - for instance Star Wars 1, 4 & 5 show up in the Cache/ and on the app but 2,3 & 6 do not. I have checked and all the meta data and naming is correct but not showing up on the app. Any suggestions?

Also on another note regarding Yammm and the app - I have the 16 DVD "Looney Tunes Golden Collection" and not sure how to name these rips to get metadata - also have a few dvd tv series like season 4 and 5 on dexter that won't load meta data either with Yammm/Ceton Service/App.

Thanks for the help and great App, Looking forward to the updates.

Motz

Post by Motz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:58 am

@gator
So for TV episodes we will be working on metadata seperatelly for them which will fall under the TV gallery sections. It is a work in progress though and we will roll out beta builds over time.

For movies it is all based on the folder name you create. (clearing cache on phone don't have any effect on anything but channel lineup and images that have been downloaded). So you can do a few things to force the metadata there. We pull metadata from The Movie DB, so you can usually just copy/paste the name from there as the movie folder name, however you can also do this for let's say star wars 1:

Folder Name: Star Wars Episode I [imdb=tt0120915]

tt0120915 is the id found in the URL on the imdb page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120915/
and then it should read it in.

I did a test though and I named the folder: "Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace"
and that pulled it in just fine
I Write, Code, and Tweet

gator99

Post by gator99 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:39 pm

Thanks Motz - TV I understand completly kind of a different animal due to episodes vs dvd's ripped with multiple episodes etc.

regarding movies all my movie names are direct copy/paste from imdb.org:

so far these are my folder names and my movie file's name (MKV) that are NOT getting created:
Star Wars Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002)
Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)
Star Wars Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983)
Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005)

I have checked the spelling and all seems well - media browser in WMC creates the metadata fine and the folder.jpg is created but these movies are not in the companion app. I looked in /yammm/cache/ etc and they just aren't there.

I have removed both folders inside yammm a couple of times and started/restarted the yammm service and let it sit for 6+ hours but nothing.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: I added the ID tag and that seems to work for Yamm - strange especially since it will get 3 of the 6 Star Wars films. Thanks again.