YammmSvc failed to start during install

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
mcewinter

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by mcewinter » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:17 pm

Motz wrote:We expect to see them stars
:)
Stars all around. ...well at least for iOS and Android and a couple more purchases taboot. I'll continue to recommend your app as well.

gpatlanta

Post by gpatlanta » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:04 pm

mikinho wrote:I'm good like that

Edit: Btw .... if your PC has time drift it could account for the issue. Stay tuned for an addin in the near future to make time drift a thing of the past
Yeah!! My wife will be happy since I never bothered with an automated solution and every so often she complains and I reset.
Greg

mikinho

Post by mikinho » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:34 pm

mcewinter wrote:Got it!

My exact issue: I left username and password blank as I don't have my media machines set up as users on my WHS. I assumed pointing to the location was sufficient.

I logged on with guest credentials and movies are starting to populate. :thumbup: Very nice!!
Great! It isn't too obvious. We will add something that checks whether you enter network folders and if so prompts you to enter network credentials if you haven't already.