"Copying Prohibited" error

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Diverge

HTPC Specs: Show details

"Copying Prohibited" error

Post by Diverge » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:54 pm

Anyone else ever see these messages flash really fast across the screen every once in awhile, like in my video? https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B74t-g ... 05wcmEzTnM

They happen so fast, that I couldn't even rewind to before it happened and hit the forward button while paused to advance the frame (x frames?). I tried like 20x before giving up, rewinding it, and just recording it with my cell phone.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:39 pm

Are you playing this video on the same PC that recorded it?
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

Diverge

Post by Diverge » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:58 pm

yeah. It's actually from live TV. I just rewinded the buffer.

I don't recall when I started to see it. But before yesterday I had the latest official firmware. Last night I updated to the latest beta's. It did it on both firmwares, hardware firmware, ect. Nothing hardware wise has changed in the machine, and the OS install is probably less than 4 months old.

The only recent software changes besides updates has been installing teamviewer so the FlexRAID guy can troubleshoot some issues. WMC recordings are set to the OS drive for the time being, until the FlexRAID guy can fix those separate issues. If I keep seeing it, I'll try removing teamviwer just for the hell of it. I think if it were the cause it would be HDCP issues, not DRM errors.

Most of the time when I have my TV on, it's just playing in the background and I'm doing other stuff. There's no way to casually catch it, since it happens so damn fast, that it has to be when I sit down for extended period of time to watch something.