DVRMS Toolbox seems to keep rescanning files

volfan6415

HTPC Specs: Show details

DVRMS Toolbox seems to keep rescanning files

Post by volfan6415 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:33 pm

So i recently setup DVRMS Toolbox and Showanalyzer using the setup instructions mentioned at Missing Remote- http://www.missingremote.com/guide/enab ... -cablecard

I also added a process to avoid processing copy protected files that was mentioned in another thread here.

And everything is going great, I honestly can't believe how long it took me to add commercial skipping. But i digress

My problem is that it seems likes DVRMS toolbox keeps rescanning files that it has already scanned. They don't appear to be processing in showanalyzer but i have noticed that xml files seem to get constantly rewritten too and the dvrmstoolbox log looks like shows are being processed twice....

When I looked at the process conditioning editor it looks like that when it finishes processing a show it attmpts to add metadata to the file to the effect that it was processed.... however when I try and edit the condition it just goes blank .... , as though the field doesn't exist...

Its not a hugh problem as it doesn't seem to be passing the files on to showanalyser again, however I would like to get to the bottom of why the DVRMS toolbox filewatcher appears to not be working....

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:51 pm

Here's a better, more recent guide:
http://thedigitalmediazone.com/2010/11/ ... ia-center/

volfan6415

Post by volfan6415 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:54 pm

Thanks, I think the setting "process files missing artifacts" was my problem. I initially wanted this setting to be checked as I had a lot of previously recorded files that I wanted to be scanned.... I have uncheckd that setting and will see if that fixes the problem