Hi,

I have this lot installed on my HTPC:
Media Browser,
TunerFree MCE
XBMC
GuideTool
MediaCentreStudio
MCEBackup

And was wondering what other software and plug-ins are people using to enhance their HTPCs?

lithium630

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by lithium630 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:02 pm

Most of those..

MyChannelLogos
Playon + VMCPlayit

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:15 pm

lithium630 wrote:Most of those..

MyChannelLogos
Playon + VMCPlayit
VMCPlayIt no longer works with PlayOn. Use TubeCore+PlayOn instead.

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:03 pm

i think this contains a pretty comprehensive list. mostly from me! http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... f=9&t=1613

allanstevens

Post by allanstevens » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:08 pm

I have recently reinstalled my HTPC onto an SSD, and wow it's running fast now! Before I wiped it I made a list of all my apps, tweaks, etc.

All I am missing from the list is some way for media center to automatically do the channel mapping for my DVB-S2 card like mediaportal!

Media Center Plugins
GuideTool
EPG Collector
iPlayer uk plugin
HouseBot Plugin (Wrote by me ! :) http://www.housebot.com/forums/viewtopi ... 15#p452598 )
My Channel Logos (MCL)
Media Browser
TuneIn
vmcController (Control Windows Media Center via IP (I use it with HouseBot home automation software)
Ceton Companion
Revision3 Plugin
Refresh Rate Changer

Other software
MST Standby Tool
Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 5
CCleaner
MKV playback (http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 797#p27797)
MakeMKV

Tweeks
Hack to allow multiple remote desktop sessions (http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows ... ageIndex=1)
Registry update to increase live tv buffer
Registry update to increase guide and mini guide size (can be done via MCL)

I was only able to include 3 urls on the list due to posting restrictions! let me know you you want any links to the list above)
Last edited by allanstevens on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:51 pm

There is also MC Shoutcast for streaming radio that works quite well.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

bmblank

Post by bmblank » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 pm

I don't mean to step on anybody's toes, but i couldn't stand mc shoutcast. The layout/format was poorly put together and many functions didn't work (saving stations, finding a particular station). Overall, it just didn't seem to jive well with mc.

STC

Post by STC » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:30 pm

^ I agree about the usability but I do use it without major issue. The interface is a bit clunky, but once I had the aacPlugin codec added and about 20 stations saved that's all I need for great sounding MC radio.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:34 pm

RecordedTVHD
KungFuKid wrote:Hi,

I have this lot installed on my HTPC:
Media Browser,
TunerFree MCE
XBMC
GuideTool
MediaCentreStudio
MCEBackup

And was wondering what other software and plug-ins are people using to enhance their HTPCs?

lithium630

Post by lithium630 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:36 pm

barnabas1969 wrote:
lithium630 wrote:Most of those.

MyChannelLogos
Playon + VMCPlayit
VMCPlayit works. It is no longer being developed though. I purchased Tubecore a while back, right before a update. The developer said he would send the code for the new version but he never did. I sent multiple emails but he refused to even respond. I wouldn't mind paying for an updated version if I thought he was ethical, but I refuse to give him any more money.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:59 pm

lithium630 wrote:
barnabas1969 wrote:
lithium630 wrote:Most of those.

MyChannelLogos
Playon + VMCPlayit
VMCPlayit works. It is no longer being developed though. I purchased Tubecore a while back, right before a update. The developer said he would send the code for the new version but he never did. I sent multiple emails but he refused to even respond. I wouldn't mind paying for an updated version if I thought he was ethical, but I refuse to give him any more money.
It wouldn't work for me anymore. PlayOn wants to sell you PlayLater... so the VMCPlayIt feature that allows you to "Add to Queue" so that you effectively "record" them is competition for PlayLater. PlayOn also forced TubeCore to remove the "Add to Queue" feature.

lithium630

Post by lithium630 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:32 pm

The shows still stream fine. I have it installed. The people at PlayOn even suggest using it. I suggested that they make their own Media Center plugin not that long ago. They had no interest and suggested VMCPlayit.

KungFuKid

Post by KungFuKid » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:26 pm

Thanks for all the replies and info, I will have a good look through them when I get a moment tomorrow!

KungFuKid

Post by KungFuKid » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:28 pm

Choliscott - sadly recordtvhd wasn't a WAF!

KungFuKid

Post by KungFuKid » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:32 pm

I'm interested in the playon software however I live in the UK so guess it would be fairly useless to me?

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:49 pm

lithium630 wrote:The shows still stream fine. I have it installed. The people at PlayOn even suggest using it. I suggested that they make their own Media Center plugin not that long ago. They had no interest and suggested VMCPlayit.
That's weird. I'll have to give it another try. I really miss the "add to queue" feature, and I refuse to pay for PlayLater when I used to get the same functionality without any DRM for free.
KungFuKid wrote:I'm interested in the playon software however I live in the UK so guess it would be fairly useless to me?
I'm not sure. I know there are lots of things you can watch with PlayOn, and there is a forum where people post their own customized scripts that add new content to PlayOn for free.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:23 pm

STC wrote:^ I agree about the usability but I do use it without major issue. The interface is a bit clunky, but once I had the aacPlugin codec added and about 20 stations saved that's all I need for great sounding MC radio.
Agreed.. the layout isn't the best..
But like STC.. Once I found a few stations and saved them to favorites it was all good to go.
Unfortunately Media Center is really lacking in the "awesome plugin" department. (Except the new Ceton Companion.)
Maybe one of these days when Mikinho is done coding up all that awsome software for Ceton we can coax him into coding up a new Weather App for MC.. I really Miss the weather plugin..What do ya say Mikinho? :wave:
newfiend~

Crispy

Post by Crispy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:26 pm

Newfiend have you tried the beta of Steams' 'Big Picture'? It seems Valve believes in connecting your PC to your lounge TV.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:50 pm

@Crispy.. Not yet.. I used to have a Steam account. But I moved and along with that move I changed email addresses and the steam account is registered with the old email address and the company I had it through (Adelphia) was bought out by Comcast. So I have to contact them about registering it with my new email.. it's a PITA I looked at doing it a little while ago but just haven't had time.

So many things I want to try and just not enough time.. such is life..
newfiend~