Closed caption support?

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
mikbro

HTPC Specs: Show details

Closed caption support?

Post by mikbro » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:39 pm

I imagine the echo will support closed captions just like other extenders, however I wanted to see if they would support transparant/transluscent backgrounds to the captions? The MCE itself supports these however the option to set these are not visible for extenders in the MCE UI. There are registry values one can set on the MCE for the extender accounts that allow you to set them however my 360 extenders don't appear to respect these settings and they get reset to the opaque setting (solid background) when launching the extender.

I ask this because I have a plasma that is prone to burnin and the solid backgrounds wreak havoc on the screen.

barnabas1969

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:16 pm

The captions settings in the registry can be tweaked for extenders as well as the main PC. However, you have to load the registry hive of the MCX user by following these instructions. This must be done when the MCX user is NOT logged in. In other words, turn off your extender before you edit the registry hive for the MCX user.