Recorded Movies

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
Kowolski

HTPC Specs: Show details

Recorded Movies

Post by Kowolski » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:23 pm

Is it possible to toggle the recorded movies from the movie section and place them into the recorded TV section instead?

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:32 pm

Yep, if you go into settings there is an option to "show movies in recorded tv by default".
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Kowolski

Post by Kowolski » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:29 pm

Doesn't seem to be working for me, they still show up in the movies section for some reason. I restarted my HTPC and even cleared the cache on the app.

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:12 pm

Oh, yeah you can't switch them Recorded Movies will always show up in Movie Gallery, it is how it is designed that basically a movie is a movie.

By default movies are hidden from Recorded TV, however you can add them by doing the filter. Some users during the beta wanted them always to show up in Recorded TV so I added that settings.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Kowolski

Post by Kowolski » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:53 pm

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I like to keep TV movies separate. Sometimes WMC will say something is a movie when its just a made for TV movie. It then can't get the Metadata and looks bad with a blank spot. In WMC there is a registry setting to disable those movies showing up in the movie section. Maybe a separate section in the movie area of the companion app for recorded movies, so you know what was recorded from TV and what is in your regular movie section.