Ceton Q Question

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
kmp14

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton Q Question

Post by kmp14 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:58 pm

I realize this is the Echo sub forum, but I am just curious about that Q, so I am gonna throw a question out there........

I realize the Q will be based on Win7 Media Center. Will the Ceton team have the ability to "fix" stuff that is broken in the current Media Center release? My main question is specifically about the back-to-back recording bug, where media center ignores hard padding (or any padding) when recordings are back-to-back on the same channel. Is that something the Ceton team will somehow be able to fix in the Q?

I WISH Microsoft would just sell, share, give, whatever, the Media Center code to Ceton. That would no doubt result in the BEST DVR platform ever (in many ways it already is, but Ceton would take it way farther!).

More info on the Q please!!! How about a separated Ceton Sub forum for the Q?

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:21 pm

If it's Win7 FES, then technically it's not an MS system but a Ceton system, and they can do any damn thing they want with it.

Here's to hoping.

Now, you know what's going to happen, don't you: MS abandons MC, monetizes the skeleton by selling it to Ceton. Ceton fully develops a brilliant product a la ReplayTV...

...at which point Google buys it up for so much money Ceton would be fools not to sell, then Google buries it in their Raiders warehouse.

Question: do we light the torches now, or do we wait? Do we storm the Ceton castle, or the Google castle?

kmp14

Post by kmp14 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:43 pm

adam1991 wrote:Now, you know what's going to happen, don't you: MS abandons MC, monetizes the skeleton by selling it to Ceton. Ceton fully develops a brilliant product a la ReplayTV...

...at which point Google buys it up for so much money Ceton would be fools not to sell, then Google buries it in their Raiders warehouse.
Man, I hope you are right about MS selling MC to Ceton......and WRONG about Ceton getting bought out by Google some day. I am already a SageTV victim, which is why I am moving back to MC. I know you are JK, but in reality, hopefully Google has put plenty into Google Fiber, and therefore would not be interested, but I know if Q effectively competes with Google fiber someday then they would want to buy it just to bury it. Scary. I believe the Ceton team is above money, they are doing this because they love their products and customers. :thumbup:

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:55 pm

kmp14 wrote:I believe the Ceton team is above money, they are doing this because they love their products and customers. :thumbup:
That's the funniest thing I've read all day. Thanks for the laugh.

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:35 pm

barnabas1969 wrote:
kmp14 wrote:I believe the Ceton team is above money, they are doing this because they love their products and customers. :thumbup:
That's the funniest thing I've read all day. Thanks for the laugh.
+1!

hmmurdock

Post by hmmurdock » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:54 pm

kmp14 wrote:Man, I hope you are right about MS selling MC to Ceton......and WRONG about Ceton getting bought out by Google some day. I am already a SageTV victim, which is why I am moving back to MC. I know you are JK, but in reality, hopefully Google has put plenty into Google Fiber, and therefore would not be interested, but I know if Q effectively competes with Google fiber someday then they would want to buy it just to bury it. Scary. I believe the Ceton team is above money, they are doing this because they love their products and customers. :thumbup:
As long as it doesn't result in the Q turning into a brick, I'd be thrilled to death if Ceton got bought out by Google. That would likely result in a well earned, secure retirement for Jeremy and the gang.

Worst case scenario would be MS buying Ceton, ala Compuglobalhypermeganet