Rosewill RHRC-11001 remote ?

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
Mike88

HTPC Specs: Show details

Rosewill RHRC-11001 remote ?

Post by Mike88 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:11 pm

This is supposed to be a learning remote. Does anyone know if that means any button can be re-programmed? I would like to use something like this to control the volume on my A/V receiver which means the volume +/- would have to be changed.

And do you need that large IR receiver or will any MCE one work?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 1007-L027A

Thanks in advance.

Doctor Feelgood

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:44 am

I bought 2 of these thinking that is what it meant. I spent plenty of time working on it, and as far as I can tell it does not mean that at all. It simply will learn cable box commands to pass through for tuning. I now just use the IR receivers since they are quite nice and support two IR blasters each... And us some HP branded MCE remotes with them.

I would love for someone to show how to use them on other systems, but I am pretty sure they won't. The software and instructions included don't suggest any learning other than what I described.

Mike88

Post by Mike88 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:49 pm

I pulled the trigger as they say, and ordered the remote last night. Newegg had it on sale for $13.99 till midnight their time. So I took a chance, oh well. I have their RRC-126 MCE remote & the instructions, if you want to call them that, are really poor. They give you a disc & it's for PowerConfig, but they don't say what that is. I emailed them & it's for setting up the remote to make Netflix the default when you push the Green button. But no mention of this in the instructions.

The RRC-126 remote is a bit too narrow and the buttons a bit too small, but it works great. I'll play with the 11001 remote & see if I like it better.

Mike88

Post by Mike88 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:50 am

Doctor Feelgood wrote:I bought 2 of these thinking that is what it meant. I spent plenty of time working on it, and as far as I can tell it does not mean that at all. It simply will learn cable box commands to pass through for tuning. I now just use the IR receivers since they are quite nice and support two IR blasters each... And us some HP branded MCE remotes with them.

I would love for someone to show how to use them on other systems, but I am pretty sure they won't. The software and instructions included don't suggest any learning other than what I described.
As mentioned I had already ordered the 11001 because I had to beat the midnight cutoff ordering time to get the $13.99 price.

As you mentioned it will only only learn cable box commands. Actually it is the IR Receiver that learns the commands. I'm debating about keeping it because it is slightly wider then the RRC-126 remote I bought.