Secondrun.tv

Jefe

HTPC Specs: Show details

Secondrun.tv

Post by Jefe » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:42 am

I find the secondrun.tv plug in a must for my HTPC. It's a fantastic idea, but I'm having issues. I want to add shows from Netflix, but secondrun can't locate them. I know they are on Netflix, but I don't know how to add them into the guide if their guide search tool can't locate them. Can anyone help?

carlog

Post by carlog » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:59 pm

Does this plugin still work? Is it seamless with Hulu?

STC

Post by STC » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:04 pm

TBH my own personal experience wasn't good. I gave up on it. It looked like a good plugin, and I paid for it when it first came out but the developer went AWOL for a long time without any explanation or communication.

Yaggs was last here in June 2011 and made one post to plug it: http://thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewtop ... p=365#p365

I see he's back developing the app but for how long? YMMV.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

gpatlanta

Post by gpatlanta » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:00 am

Ditto
Greg

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:12 am

Yeah, I bought SecondRun.tv and still use it frequently; as it's the only way to get random Netflix/Hulu episodes to watch as that isnt supported in the main plugins. That said, the developer status is pretty piss poor. Hasn't updated in over a year; or even given any sitreps or just hey still being worked on (except for Nov of last year where he talked about an update that hasn't seen the light of day). Plus features went missing in later builds like mixing local and internet content in the same channel. It worked in the first couple of releases, but not anymore. He said he doesn't plan to fix this. While I still use SecondRun frequently as mentioned, I doubt I will ever support a Yaggs product ever again. Especially after hearing he pretty much did this same shit with the first version of SecondRun.

As fro OP's problem, it's not an issue with SecundRun; but the Netflix QData or w/e it's called API. You sometimes need to get creative with how you search. If you list the shows you need help with, list them and I'll see if I can help..

Edit: Oh, I see the site admins/mods have decided to replace curse words with alternatives. Lol. If u don't mind, I'm gonna just post some curses and see what they come out as
:P

Fuck, shit, cunt, asshole
Last edited by staknhalo on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

winterescape

Post by winterescape » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:45 pm

STC wrote:TBH my own personal experience wasn't good. I gave up on it. It looked like a good plugin, and I paid for it when it first came out but the developer went AWOL for a long time without any explanation or communication.

Yaggs was last here in June 2011 and made one post to plug it: http://thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewtop ... p=365#p365

I see he's back developing the app but for how long? YMMV.
This was my experience as well...

makryger

Post by makryger » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:08 pm

staknhalo wrote:freak, doody, @#$@, jerk
Whoa there, cowboy
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC