My Media Center Walkthrough & How To Videos

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
Motz

HTPC Specs: Show details

My Media Center Walkthrough & How To Videos

Post by Motz » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:46 pm

Did these the last couple of days as official walkthrough videos of some of the features of the apps.

Update 9/2: Checkout our new website: http://www.cetoncorp.com/MyMediaCenter

Android:
ow0IQUS83Ns

iOS:
FZAsYmfUXqM

Windows 8:
rpHGlKoNjEA

Windows Phone:
_kOxkE2kFb4

**Older Ceton Companion videos that still apply to My Media Center**

Password Authentication:
gJyago7WmfM

Premieres:
-p2YLaMOpfM

Awesome Movie Libraries:
KonK5tYBhlE

Wake On LAN:
b2oQLQZoDl8
I Write, Code, and Tweet

STC

Post by STC » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 pm

The WP and Android version makes me want to buy the hardware just for the app. I was considering a dedicated app remote for use when in front of the HTPC. Yummy!
I could use my iPhone version when on the go.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

Motz

Post by Motz » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:44 pm

Yeah when I demoed all of the apps to everyone here they were like hmmmm now I sort of want a windows phone :)

I think with Android it is pretty cool because there are a lot of nice tablets out there for $200 (cough cough Nexus 7)....
I Write, Code, and Tweet

STC

Post by STC » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:49 pm

Of course I'm not talking down the iPhone version in any way, it's really good, but when you compare it to something with a bit more real estate in the screen department, it's a whole different ball game :)
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

Motz

Post by Motz » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:55 pm

I like all of them. They all are really true to their platform that they are on, which was the whole goal and how I love to program. I like it when an app feels native and how the platform was designed to look and feel.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

wally007

Post by wally007 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:47 pm

... and still nothing about iPad version? iPhone is nice but something like TV Companion app just begs to be shown on iPad :-)
Motz wrote:I like all of them. They all are really true to their platform that they are on, which was the whole goal and how I love to program. I like it when an app feels native and how the platform was designed to look and feel.

wally007

Post by wally007 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:51 pm

Motz wrote:Yeah when I demoed all of the apps to everyone here they were like hmmmm now I sort of want a windows phone :)
Well MS killed Windows 7 Phones few weeks ago. Nobody buying phone who is just a bit tech savvy will buy it now... ( btw , i was about to give W7 phone a go, but not anymore )

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:55 pm

wally007 wrote:... and still nothing about iPad version? iPhone is nice but something like TV Companion app just begs to be shown on iPad :-)
Motz wrote:I like all of them. They all are really true to their platform that they are on, which was the whole goal and how I love to program. I like it when an app feels native and how the platform was designed to look and feel.
Yeah, my iPad is a regular fixture in my livingroom and wi-fi kills my phone battery. I'll gladly hop on board and install it on my iPod when it's released but the iPad version is what I'll be looking forward to.

Motz

Post by Motz » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:19 pm

The iOS version is a universal app that will work on iPod Touch, iPad, and iPhone. :)
It is also iOS6 ready.

For Windows Phone 7... all apps on WP7 will also work on Windows Phone 8... so no worries there.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

wally007

Post by wally007 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:00 pm

Has iPad version been shown anywhere yet ? I havent seen it.

Btw, dark theme is also possible on iOS. Just look at Comcast and EyeTV and other TV companion apps. Not complaining though, as I can not wait for the apps either way but it'd be nice to have dark theme on iOS as well. Bright white is blindingly bright in the dark / home theater environment.

Enjoy and please keep us posted on ETA :-) Thanks
Motz wrote:The iOS version is a universal app that will work on iPod Touch, iPad, and iPhone. :)
It is also iOS6 ready.

For Windows Phone 7... all apps on WP7 will also work on Windows Phone 8... so no worries there.

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:25 pm

Motz wrote:The iOS version is a universal app that will work on iPod Touch, iPad, and iPhone. :)
It is also iOS6 ready.

I understand it's universal. When you say that do you mean it will fill the screen on an iPad (HD if you will)? ...or is it the phone version running on iPad?

usafballer

Post by usafballer » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:58 pm

Ok, so I've seen previews for months now...when is this thing going to be available widely to the public? I've seen RTM, and all sorts of hints it is close, but I want to replace remote potato ASAP with this bad boy! Has it been submitted to Apple for cert and will it be available within the week?

Thanks,
Eric

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:05 am

Everything scales on it, some pages are optimized for the screen size but the vast majority are not yet. Specific iPad optimizations like split lists and things like this will be added in future updates. The first release is more phone centric, but everything works just fine on the iPad
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:06 am

usafballer wrote:Ok, so I've seen previews for months now...when is this thing going to be available widely to the public? I've seen RTM, and all sorts of hints it is close, but I want to replace remote potato ASAP with this bad boy! Has it been submitted to Apple for cert and will it be available within the week?

Thanks,
Eric
Yes it has been submitted to all app stores and just awaiting cert. Hopefully soon!
I Write, Code, and Tweet

gabrielcab

Post by gabrielcab » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:15 am

Any posibility to make it play TV like DishNetworks?

usafballer

Post by usafballer » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:35 am

Motz wrote:
usafballer wrote:Ok, so I've seen previews for months now...when is this thing going to be available widely to the public? I've seen RTM, and all sorts of hints it is close, but I want to replace remote potato ASAP with this bad boy! Has it been submitted to Apple for cert and will it be available within the week?

Thanks,
Eric
Yes it has been submitted to all app stores and just awaiting cert. Hopefully soon!
Awesome...can't wait!

gcw07

Post by gcw07 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:17 am

These all look great. Can't wait to purchase it for my phone and my ipad. Now we just need the price. You guys made a great looking app.

mrphil

Post by mrphil » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:04 am

Ready to purchase here, hoping the iPad optimisation won't be too long of a wait as I much prefer using my iPad over iPhone when watching TV.

Hopefully Microsoft won't have the bright idea of buying Ceton out when they see these apps! :lol:

JazJon

Post by JazJon » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:26 am

Looks good, can't wait to try it out!

I hope a future version has streaming video option but goes above and beyond what Remote Potato had before the dev gave up on it.

NWW

Post by NWW » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:55 pm

What happened to the Win8 version you showed to Ian at CES?