InfiniTV

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Bill

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Bill » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:52 am

im about fed up with my ceton. For the past month every couple days I have to rerun the ceton setup then the wmc setup to get my tuner to work. I have the most up to date firmware and drivers. It happens randomly without changes. I had not watched TV for two day a and came back to 30 missed recording notifications. I click live TV and it says no tuner detected. Check ceton utility and its all green. Any ideas?
HTPCs, InfiniTVs, and Extenders OH MY!

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:13 am

I'd start by reseating the card or moving it to another PCIexpress slot.
From there, I'd try disabling any power-saving features in the BIOS and in Windows. It kinda sounds like an S3-SleepResume issue.
Matt O. ...tivo what? ...dish dvr--uh... huh? ...cable dvr fees--you're kidding, right?

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:12 pm

Bill wrote: For the past month every couple days I have to rerun the ceton setup then the wmc setup to get my tuner to work. I have the most up to date firmware and drivers. It happens randomly without changes. I had not watched TV for two day a and came back to 30 missed recording notifications. I click live TV and it says no tuner detected. Check ceton utility and its all green. Any ideas?
Start by opening a support ticket with Ceton (http://www.cetoncorp.com/support/). They may provide beta firmware to address your issue. I was running the latest public firmware, 1.0.3.4, and the same issue occured once. I upgraded to beta firmware 1.0.6.1 and the issue has not occurred again. Good luck.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:18 pm

I also had the same issue recently where I missed several recordings and attempting to play live TV gave me the "no tuner detected" error. However, a reboot solved the problem for me. I am also running the latest public firmware and driver. Because this has only happened once, it's hard for me to say if it was caused by the InfiniTV itself or if perhaps something else caused the issue (like a Windows Update).

STC

Post by STC » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:26 pm

I have autoupdates via WSUS set for all my regular client PCs (not the HTPC) and the latest round of updates which required a reboot played havoc with my Vipre Enterprise AV. Even after a reboot the AV services did not come back up. Without troubleshooting further (I was very busy) a quick reinstall of AV repaired things.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

rbmorse

Post by rbmorse » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:58 am

richard1980 wrote:I also had the same issue recently where I missed several recordings and attempting to play live TV gave me the "no tuner detected" error. However, a reboot solved the problem for me. I am also running the latest public firmware and driver. Because this has only happened once, it's hard for me to say if it was caused by the InfiniTV itself or if perhaps something else caused the issue (like a Windows Update).
I've acquired the habit of rebooting my HTPC machine once a week or so just for maintenance purposes even if it appears to be working properly. I do the same with my iPhones (3GS and 4), too. I haven't noticed any anomalous behavior since I instituted that practice. I know this could be simply chicken superstition and if that's the case so be it, but I can't argue with the result.

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:54 pm

2nd Ceton / CableCARD getting installed today! WooHoo!
Unfortunately, Charter still isn't allowing customer installs; but, after a bit discussion-- they are giving me the install for free. The guy will be here soon! :)

Curious what others are seeing in regards to network performance with these tuners running?

I have GIG connectivity everywhere. I'll have my main mediacenter that has its own Ceton, and a 2nd Ceton in a WHS2011 box shared out to 4 different PCs (kids/laptop/office/etc...).
Matt O. ...tivo what? ...dish dvr--uh... huh? ...cable dvr fees--you're kidding, right?

Wolfshadw

Post by Wolfshadw » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:10 pm

Unfortunately, Charter still isn't allowing customer installs; but, after a bit discussion-- they are giving me the install for free.
Unfortunately, Comcast doesn't appear to allow self-installs until August 1st. My card is due here, Friday. I'd like to know just what that bit of discussion was. :geek:

-Wolf sends

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Wolfshadw wrote:Unfortunately, Comcast doesn't appear to allow self-installs until August 1st. My card is due here, Friday. I'd like to know just what that bit of discussion was. :geek: -Wolf sends
OsburnFamily wrote: Greetings. I'd like to get another cablecard & sdv tuning adapter for my DVR. Can you tell me when Charter will begin allowing self-installs for the cablecards?

The FCC law required providers to allow self-installs beginning last October but Charter, Comcast, and a couple others were allowed to go past the date (until this August, I think).

I really don't see paying an installer to come out just to hand me the card & TA and watch me hook it up to my DVR (like last time), then only to have them dial in to an 800 number and read the serial number, MAC, & host id number to pair it up.

Can I go down to my local branch office yet and pick them up?
Umatter2Charter wrote: Good evening,
We are still requiring professional installation for all cablecards at this time but I'm sure we can work out a free install for you. Please reply with either the security code, pin#, or account# for verification and let me know a good day and time for us to schedule the appointment. Also, please provide the best number to call before the technician arrives.

Thank you,

STC

Post by STC » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:10 pm

Umatter2Charter?

ROFL!

STC

Post by STC » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:11 pm

Umatter2OurBankBalance more like.

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:26 pm

I've been very impressed with this group of support. They are their own support team that's way above anything you'll get from calling 1st or 2nd level help-desk via their 800 number or any online chats.

You can PM them via AVSForums and it's always the same group of real people. Hell-- they even post their real names & pictures! (Assuming the names & pictures are all real, and I am since I've talked to a couple of them directly via direct extensions on multiple occasions over the last 8 months.)

They were the ones to finally get my TA firmware upgrades to support more then 2 tuners. No amount of explaining via online chat or 800 number got that done.

ALL THAT SAID-- LOL... Umatter2OurBankBalance is still probably correct. hahaha Oh well, as long as I continue to get good service, I'm happy to contribute to their Balance. :)

STC

Post by STC » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:54 pm

Eek no personal nasties meant for anyone. I've just been stung before from support with similar nics.

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:00 pm

No worries bud, didn't take it negative at all.

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:48 pm

I'm late to the party, but I'd just like to clarify what the rule requires. The rule requires the cable companies to allow you to self install a CableCARD IF they also allow self-installs of their cable boxes. If they require a truck roll to install one of their cable boxes, they are not required to allow you to self install a CableCARD.

Wolfshadw

Post by Wolfshadw » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:03 am

Just a bit more info:

I contacted Comcast via a live chat session. During that session I was told that I could, if fact, pick up a cablecard from the local office (Comcast does allow self-installs of the set top box/cable modems), even though their web site does state they won't begin offering self-install packages until Aug 1, 2011. I contacted my local office's customer support line and was told just the opposite. No self-install packages due to liability issues (nevermind that they will be offering them in less than one month). The customer support representative did try *cough*cough* to forward me to Technical Support to clarify the issue and I was greeted with a busy signal. Calling back (this time, directly to Tech Support), I was told that I could, in fact, pick up a self-install package.

I'm sure that when I do show up at the local office, I'll be told that self-install packages are not available and I'll have to jump through hoops again (I did print out the Live Chat session), but a little bit of persistence and I should be up and running this weekend!

-Wolf sends

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:06 am

richard1980 wrote:I'm late to the party, but I'd just like to clarify what the rule requires. The rule requires the cable companies to allow you to self install a CableCARD IF they also allow self-installs of their cable boxes. If they require a truck roll to install one of their cable boxes, they are not required to allow you to self install a CableCARD.
You're (as mostly usual :lol: ) correct! I should have been more clear. Thanks for pointing that out!

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:08 am

Wolfshadw wrote: I'm sure that when I do show up at the local office, I'll be told that self-install packages are not available and I'll have to jump through hoops again (I did print out the Live Chat session), but a little bit of persistence and I should be up and running this weekend!
-Wolf sends
Yeah-- you're screwed. LOL j/k

On a positive note-- Installer has come and gone. Successful install of 2nd Ceton & TA!!!!

Insert McDonalds jingle here: bah-daht-dah-da-dah I'm lovin' it!

Wolfshadw

Post by Wolfshadw » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:11 am

Insert McDonalds jingle here: bah-daht-dah-da-dah I'm lovin' it!
... and just like their cheeseburgers, in six months it will still look just as tasty! :mrgreen:
Congrats!

-Wolf sends

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:46 am

TheOsburnFamil wrote:
richard1980 wrote:I'm late to the party, but I'd just like to clarify what the rule requires. The rule requires the cable companies to allow you to self install a CableCARD IF they also allow self-installs of their cable boxes. If they require a truck roll to install one of their cable boxes, they are not required to allow you to self install a CableCARD.
You're (as mostly usual :lol: ) correct! I should have been more clear. Thanks for pointing that out!
I strive to be right as much of the time as I can, but even I have been known to be wrong a time or two....contrary to what Microsoft thinks, I am human.