MY MOVIES 4 (Folder monitor keeps adding duplicates)

guppy

HTPC Specs: Show details

MY MOVIES 4 (Folder monitor keeps adding duplicates)

Post by guppy » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:40 pm

I keep getting a message that pops up in wmc saying that folder monitoring has added 150 titles and removed 3. It is duplicating, so WMC has two of almost every movie. I notice that from my Den PC (client) that I can only actually play one of every copy. It appears that one copy is unc whereas the other (unplayable) copy is D:/movies/Chech & Chong up in smoke (or whatever the movie title is). Why is this happening?

If I run optimize in my movies, it tags all the extra movies with a yellow triangle !

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:13 pm

Have you enabled folder monitoring on both MCE PCs? You only really need to enable Folder Monitoring in the My Movies Collection Management options on the main server machine - You would add in paths to your UNC network folder shares i.e.

\\Server\DVD
\\Server\XVID
\\Server\Blu-ray

Do not add in local paths like D:\Movies always use UNC network paths in a server / client multi-zone setup.
Stuart

The Media Center Blog Tips Tricks & News!
The Digital Lifestyle

guppy

Post by guppy » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:22 pm

cw-kid wrote:Have you enabled folder monitoring on both MCE PCs? You only really need to enable Folder Monitoring in the My Movies Collection Management options on the main server machine - You would add in paths to your UNC network folder shares i.e.

\\Server\DVD
\\Server\XVID
\\Server\Blu-ray

Do not add in local paths like D:\Movies always use UNC network paths in a server / client multi-zone setup.
yup I had setup the unc stuff that you had recommended. I'll disable folder monitoring on the client and see if that fixes it. Thanks.

I never enabled folder monitoring, but there is a check mark at the bottom telling it to monitor everything in wmc, I'll remove the check on the client.