Adding a second hard drive

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
sancraig

HTPC Specs: Show details

Adding a second hard drive

Post by sancraig » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:48 pm

My first hard drive is starting to fill up. I added a second 2 TB to the HTPC, how do I set up media browser so I dont have to change configurations. I have several folders on main Hdd. Like Hd Movies,Horror,chick flicks. Is there a way to extend these to the other hard drive without moving the entire folder and leaving space on new hard drive?

Tia,
Craig

critcher

Post by critcher » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:12 pm

Sounds like me. I added a 2nd 2tb drive and moved a couple of folders across to it. Both drives now have room for more. When the tennis is finished (!) I'll adjust the settings in media browser. Should all be the same.

I keep meaning to find out what RAID is all about. I think the system reads all included drives as one volume... another day, I think.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:31 pm

sancraig wrote:Is there a way to extend these to the other hard drive without moving the entire folder and leaving space on new hard drive?
Yes, on your new drive, recreate the same folders that you have on the original drive. Then, use Media Browser Configuration to add the second path. For example, your Movies section would look in C:\Movies and D:\Movies.

Follow this guide:
http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permal ... collection
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

sancraig

Post by sancraig » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:54 pm

Scallica wrote:
sancraig wrote:Is there a way to extend these to the other hard drive without moving the entire folder and leaving space on new hard drive?
Yes, on your new drive, recreate the same folders that you have on the original drive. Then, use Media Browser Configuration to add the second path. For example, your Movies section would look in C:\Movies and D:\Movies.

Follow this guide:
http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permal ... collection

Thanks that seemed to do the trick