how to add a delay between shutdown and reboot.

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
richard1980

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by richard1980 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:18 am

Running any sort of application that stays open all the time will obviously consume some amount of system resources, but the resources required to run the script are minimal. It requires a few MB of RAM and virtually no CPU (I can't even get the CPU usage to register in resource monitor...it says 0). Obviously if the recording schedule changes, it'll take a bit of disk I/O to change the scheduled task that wakes the computer early.

If you are interested in changing the polling interval, just modify the following line

Wscript.sleep(1000)

1000 means the script will pause for 1000 milliseconds (1 second) between polls. Just change the number to however many milliseconds you want it to pause between polls.

I know the Ceton WMC add-in has a checkbox to enable waking the computer 2 minutes early, but I couldn't get it to work when I tested it. While not exactly a high priority issue, it would be nice if the setting worked, plus it would be nice it it was changed to allow the user to input their own number of minutes.

lurch66

Post by lurch66 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:21 am

Thanks for the info. As far as making the wake time early on configurable by the user I agree, erkotz is this something you can look into? Thanks again for all the help, it has been working great.

lurch66

Post by lurch66 » Mon May 28, 2012 6:21 am

Just to keep everyone up to date on this firmware 1601 was released a month or so ago in my area and since than I have not had any further problems with switched ch. Its nice when firmware fixes something unexpectantly.