GT 430 Audio Sync Issues

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
thompsbp

HTPC Specs: Show details

GT 430 Audio Sync Issues

Post by thompsbp » Mon May 07, 2012 2:19 am

GT 430 running 275.33 (best for 29/59 bug)
Ceton Infinitv 4 USB Latest firmware/drivers.

I notice that after watching TV for a while the audio get slightly out of sync by about 1/8th of a second. not horrible but very annoying. The 430 is connected via HDMI to my tv. No sound system in between. Changing channel seems to fix the issue.

Anyone have an ideas here? It may not even be the 430, but the Ceton itself.

Thanks for your time.

lurch66

Post by lurch66 » Mon May 07, 2012 3:25 am

I have a gt430 as well but I only notice audio sync problems on ch 12 nbc hd all other channels work fine for me. I have mine hooked via hdmi to a Onkyo AV reciver and than to my tv via hdmi.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Mon May 07, 2012 1:40 pm

Try Beta driver 290.53. I have had the best luck with that release thus far. No flicker or audio sync issues for me.
newfiend

Sent from my WP7 using Board Express

crawfish

Post by crawfish » Mon May 07, 2012 2:04 pm

290.53 caused my GT430 to TDR after a couple of days. Earlier drivers never did that. I see no reason other than new card support to go higher than the WHQL 275.33 for an HTPC.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Mon May 07, 2012 3:40 pm

What brand 430 you using crawfish?
I have been running that driver for quite some time with no TDR errors.. I have the evga gt430..

crawfish

Post by crawfish » Mon May 07, 2012 4:10 pm

newfiend wrote:What brand 430 you using crawfish?
I have been running that driver for quite some time with no TDR errors.. I have the evga gt430..
It's an Asus fanless. (Never gets above 60C though.) I did use the 285.79 beta for several weeks without issue, but after the 295.xx and 301.24 debacles, I ended up going back to 275.33, as there's just no point in me using anything later than that.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Mon May 07, 2012 4:59 pm

Weird.. I'm not sure what's up with the drivers as of late.. It seems every new release is a mess for HTPC purpose. I can't remember the last WHQL driver that I had that worked, its probably the one your using. I keep defaulting back to the beta I mentioned earlier as it seems to be the most stable for my card. Windows update keeps prompting me to update the driver and I just ignore it.. I would just go get the latest driver manually from NVIDIA if I wanted to update anyway. Sad its been this long and we still are having 29/59 issues with graphics cards. I'm waiting to see what Nvidia releases in the 600 series for HTPC purpose.. I may upgrade if things are better. The 430 has been a relatively solid card for me though, I just wish it had a little more horse power.. And less 29/59 on new drivers. Ugh!

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon May 07, 2012 5:09 pm

I notice audio sync issues occasionally after rewinding and then fast-forwarding right after that. Pressing Pause, and then Play fixes it for me. Crawfish, try pressing Pause, and then Play. If that fixes it, then you know it's not the tuner... and probably not the video card either.

crawfish

Post by crawfish » Mon May 07, 2012 10:23 pm

barnabas1969 wrote:I notice audio sync issues occasionally after rewinding and then fast-forwarding right after that. Pressing Pause, and then Play fixes it for me. Crawfish, try pressing Pause, and then Play. If that fixes it, then you know it's not the tuner... and probably not the video card either.
I'm not observing any audio sync issues. I don't believe in using video cards for audio and have never even tried it as an experiment. I connect my video card directly to my TV and use optical from the motherboard to my AVR for audio. I avoid numerous problems this way, and I don't care about getting the lossless BD formats from my PC, so I'm not losing anything.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Mon May 07, 2012 10:56 pm

I use HDMI out of the GT430 to my AVR and HDMI from AVR to TV.. I bitstream all the audio to the AVR for decoding including the HD Audio formats. Never had a audio sync issue..
newfiend~

lurch66

Post by lurch66 » Tue May 08, 2012 3:34 am

newfiend wrote:I use HDMI out of the GT430 to my AVR and HDMI from AVR to TV.. I bitstream all the audio to the AVR for decoding including the HD Audio formats. Never had a audio sync issue..
newfiend~
I have the same setup and other than nbc hd I have no problems and really enjoy the lossless audio from my blue ray rips. I just recently watched the latest transformers movie again and it was so intense my neighbors dog thought my house was exploding. I made sure to invite the neighbor over for the next "movie night" so he would fully understand why I do it, and of course so he would not call the cops on me the next time.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Tue May 08, 2012 5:09 pm

crawfish wrote:
barnabas1969 wrote:I notice audio sync issues occasionally after rewinding and then fast-forwarding right after that. Pressing Pause, and then Play fixes it for me. Crawfish, try pressing Pause, and then Play. If that fixes it, then you know it's not the tuner... and probably not the video card either.
I'm not observing any audio sync issues. I don't believe in using video cards for audio and have never even tried it as an experiment. I connect my video card directly to my TV and use optical from the motherboard to my AVR for audio. I avoid numerous problems this way, and I don't care about getting the lossless BD formats from my PC, so I'm not losing anything.
Sorry. I got mixed up and thought you were the OP. My comment was directed at the OP.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Tue May 08, 2012 7:16 pm

lurch66 wrote:
newfiend wrote:I use HDMI out of the GT430 to my AVR and HDMI from AVR to TV.. I bitstream all the audio to the AVR for decoding including the HD Audio formats. Never had a audio sync issue..
newfiend~
I have the same setup and other than nbc hd I have no problems and really enjoy the lossless audio from my blue ray rips. I just recently watched the latest transformers movie again and it was so intense my neighbors dog thought my house was exploding. I made sure to invite the neighbor over for the next "movie night" so he would fully understand why I do it, and of course so he would not call the cops on me the next time.
LOL ya.. The HD Audio is intense.. It puts my polks to work that's for sure! The sound is awesome! Unfortunately I can only play it at loud volume when the wife is gone as she will make make me turn it down.. :'(

lurch66

Post by lurch66 » Wed May 09, 2012 3:32 am

newfiend wrote:
lurch66 wrote:
newfiend~
LOL ya.. The HD Audio is intense.. It puts my polks to work that's for sure! The sound is awesome! Unfortunately I can only play it at loud volume when the wife is gone as she will make make me turn it down.. :'(

yes my "movie night" happens once a week which just happens to be the same night my wife takes our 4 kids to a meeting with free childcare. She hate's it loud too and I really don't want to make my kids deaf ether. Sorry to get off topic but thought I would inject some humor.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Wed May 09, 2012 8:00 pm

I guess I'm lucky. My wife doesn't complain as long as she's not in bed. And she usually stays up later than I do, so that's not a problem either.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sat May 12, 2012 1:31 am

barnabas1969 wrote:I guess I'm lucky. My wife doesn't complain as long as she's not in bed. And she usually stays up later than I do, so that's not a problem either.
Can your wife give my wife a lesson in ear plugs? lol you're lucky!
newfiend~

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:49 pm

newfiend wrote:
barnabas1969 wrote:I guess I'm lucky. My wife doesn't complain as long as she's not in bed. And she usually stays up later than I do, so that's not a problem either.
Can your wife give my wife a lesson in ear plugs? lol you're lucky!
newfiend~
Mine doesn't need ear plugs. She just doesn't complain about the volume that I like to use when watching TV or movies. It doesn't bother her unless she's trying to sleep... and that's completely understandable. She's a great woman... a big improvement over my ex. Today is our 1-year wedding anniversary. We both have kids from our previous marriages... and we spent this weekend at a little mom-and-pop hotel on the beach... with NO kids! It was a great weekend.

Well... I should qualify that... she doesn't like music as loud as I do. My car is basically a rolling boom box... with 1500 watts of sound. She doesn't like that too much. I like to hear every note, and feel the bass. If my hair isn't moving with the music, I'm not happy. She doesn't like that at all.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Tue May 15, 2012 6:04 pm

Ahh Brian.. Your a man after my own heart..love loud music as well.. Wife..not so much. It must b a guy thing..we want to feel the sound..women are happy if they can just hear it.