Xbox 360 lags on videos menu

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
woodyl

HTPC Specs: Show details

Xbox 360 lags on videos menu

Post by woodyl » Tue May 01, 2012 9:12 pm

I'm using an Xbox 360 as an extender on a wired LAN. Everything is zippy except for the videos menu. I have a lot of TV shows recorded in various formats, e.g., .avi, .mp4, and .mkv. These all play ok, but when I start the Xbox and navigate through the Videos menu, I get long delays while things display, the screen advances, videos start playing, etc. The delays are frequently 15 seconds or more. Sometimes the screen lags for a very long time while it waits to refresh the display or start a video.

After the Xbox has been running for a while, the amount of delay decreases, but it's still noticeable.

Seems as though the delays got worse after I deleted my Xbox pairing with the WMC and created a new one. That was a month ago or more, so the box has had plenty of time to get all of its indexing done, etc. I have indexing turned on for the PC where the videos or stored, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Has anybody else had this kind of problem or does anybody know how to fix it?

Kustom Kid

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Kustom Kid » Wed May 02, 2012 8:39 am

I had it happen a few months back. I didn't really have time to isolate the cause because the natives, my wife and son, were getting restless. I ended up replacing the video and movie tiles with tiles that took me directly to the correct folders within Media Browser using Media Center Studio.