Subscription Required & Service Not Available Messages

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
hakamarob

HTPC Specs: Show details

Subscription Required & Service Not Available Messages

Post by hakamarob » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:42 am

Since I have had this system, I get the occasional "Subscription Required" or "Service not available" message when changing channels. If I keep changing the channel and come back, it goes away. Or sometimes it goes away if I just let it sit for a few seconds.

Sometimes I get them for a split second while watching recorded programs. On a recording of Justified I got a split second of the subscription message along with a split second of "Copying Prohibited".

Checking the signal strength for that channel, I have 1.3 dBmV and a signal to noise of 36 dB. Some channels are worse than others.

My ceton card has firmware 1.0.9.5

I can't think of any other info add that's not already listed.

If anyone could provide some guidance about how to proceed, I would be grateful.

WhatHappend

Post by WhatHappend » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:58 pm

I have been collecting lots of information at Ceton's request on the "Service Not Available" when changing channels and "No TV Signal" when starting recordings issues. (Sometime this also shows up as a black screen no audio issue when channel changes.)

You will most likely see the "Failed to get pat" in the Ceton Log:
03271.461788: mpeg: cetonmpeg_get_pmt_with_pat_w_timeout:334 WARNING: [ID-1] Failed to get pat
03291.031874: mpeg: cetonmpeg_get_pmt_with_pat_w_timeout:334 WARNING: [ID-2] Failed to get pat

So far there is no resolution, but they keep requesting more information and creating new firmware versions to try.

I would recommend capturing diag when the issues appears and attaching it to a support ticket.

mikeg26

Post by mikeg26 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:58 pm

Yes, I have this problem with my PCIe card and a USB device. My wife is a "flipper" and it is drivng her back to TIVO.

Long time lurker and Ceton fan.

mikeg26

Wolfshadw

Post by Wolfshadw » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:53 pm

I've run into this as well, but have never bothered to look into it. I did note that *sometimes*, just pressing the "Info" button on my MCE Remote is enough to get it to "wake up".

-Wolf sends