difficulty w/ win7MC after removing an cloning OS drive

stevethebrain

HTPC Specs: Show details

difficulty w/ win7MC after removing an cloning OS drive

Post by stevethebrain » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:43 am

Having difficulty w/ win7MC after removing an cloning OS drive
What I did was remove the HTPCs SSD which had the OS of win7 an clone it to use in another machine.
When I replaced same SSD W7MC wouldn’t play, all I get to watch is "video error message this files needed to display video are not installed or are not working correctly restart".
Well restart didn’t work.

I was able to install the drivers of my haugpage 2250 TV tuner the other haugpage 1800 driver is builtin to the module, so the sys. Doe’s scan an recognize the TV stations however can’t watch any stations can only watch the error message.

When I run WMC TV setup update playready even w/ a good internet connection WMC cannot connect to net check your internet connection do you want to try again.
update playready can't connect to net.jpg
I have the playready as a installed program.
playready is a installed program.jpg

Is this the only way to update this dam playready file though the net?

Additionally I have Garys epg123_v1.8.2.9 an epg123Setup_v1.8.2.9 but am unsure of how to restore/install these files I think these files are needed to properly install playready? Any assistance w/ the step by step procedure would be very much appreciated.

I’m also having difficulty w/ this machine booting up normaley. When powering up I see Acer logo then straight to black screen. What I’m reduced to is 3 fingered salute the repeatedly press F12 then the small window comes up w/ boot devices which the SSD is ontop of list rest of list consists of 4 storage drives.

Weird that when I go into BIOS I don’t se the SSD as a boot device? More on this issue later in my other thread.priority is reestablishing WMC if possible.

update playready can't connect to net.jpg
playready is a installed program.jpg
Attachments
net connection setup finished.jpg
playready DLed.jpg

stevethebrain

Post by stevethebrain » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:01 am

anyone w/ advice

robnitro

Post by robnitro » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:13 pm

No luck on my end either.
I have an old 64gb ssd and looked to put a 180gb, cloned exact and no luck.
Went back to the old ssd figuring eventually if it dies, I'll not give a crap about cable card by then.
This play ready crap is total garbage and picky.
All drm is stupid and only keeps honest people honest.
They say to do this and that but it's a year+old and I've yet to hear anyone able to activate in the last few months.

grittree

Post by grittree » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:49 pm

Something wrong here. If you clone a drive to another drive (any size), Windows will have no problem. I've done it hundreds of times.
I use Acronis True image, but I would assume any cloning program would work.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:50 pm

You mention the system has multiple drives. Windows has a nasty habit of spreading itself across these if you install Windows whilst multiple drives are connected. The boot sector / boot manager can end up on a drive other than your OS. After cloning and replacing the OS drive, it no longer matches the entries in the boot manager on the other drive. Some cloning software will fix this up, whilst some won’t and you will need to take extra sets to repair the install.

I can’t help with the PlayReady stuff. I did encounter this many years ago after upgrading a CPU. But thankfully, DRM is not applied to FTA channels in the UK.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

packetloss

Post by packetloss » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:04 pm

Take a look in that thread.

viewtopic.php?t=14623

In short, PlayReady takes a hardware signature of your build if too many changes (i.e. motherboard or CPU) it requests a new key from Microsoft. That server doesn't seem to be up anymore. Thus you can't activate PlayReady on any new machines.