Upgraded AMD MB & CPU - DRM issues

mmatheny

HTPC Specs: Show details

Upgraded AMD MB & CPU - DRM issues

Post by mmatheny » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:47 pm

The old MB and CPU were AMD also. How can I get it to play previous recordings and live TV? Do I have to do the DRMReset thing? I understand this will probably fix live TV but what about the 2 TB of recordings I have?
Thanx
Mike

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:53 pm

Sadly, changing either MB or CPU is certainly going to render any previous recordings with DRM protection unplayable. and not fixable. DRMReset should allow any new live/recording/playback to work as before.

robnitro

Post by robnitro » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:17 pm

I got the same crap from changing the boot hard drive to a new SSD, even though it was cloned. Tried multiple cloning methods, they all failed.
You'll lose drm on protected recordings.
Can you post whether you were able to redo the play ready?

I couldn't get it to work even with reset drm... I ended up putting the old ssd back because playready is such a pain in the a...
mmatheny wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:47 pm The old MB and CPU were AMD also. How can I get it to play previous recordings and live TV? Do I have to do the DRMReset thing? I understand this will probably fix live TV but what about the 2 TB of recordings I have?
Thanx

mmatheny

Post by mmatheny » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:32 pm

The old MB and CPU were AMD also. How can I get it to play previous recordings and live TV? Do I have to do the DRMReset thing? I understand this will probably fix live TV but what about the 2 TB of recordings I have?
Thanx
Mike

mmatheny

Post by mmatheny » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:35 pm

So today previously recorded TV plays fine! Not sure what changed! Going to do the DRMReset thing and see if I can get live TV to play.
Mike

mmatheny

Post by mmatheny » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:37 pm

So today previously recorded TV plays fine! Not sure what changed! Going to do the DRMReset thing and see if I can get live TV to play.
Mike

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:26 pm

Well, frankly I am surprised. that's fortunate for you. I suspect that DRMReset will put you in the situation of new stuff working but old recordings will stop working.

robnitro

Post by robnitro » Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:31 pm

The shitty drm-ed channels recordings will not work.
Please let us know if you were able to reset drm and get it working with playready passing.
I had no such luck. The last time it happened, I had to reinstall Windows.

mmatheny wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:32 pm The old MB and CPU were AMD also. How can I get it to play previous recordings and live TV? Do I have to do the DRMReset thing? I understand this will probably fix live TV but what about the 2 TB of recordings I have?
Thanx