Is full mode setup without rebuilding WMC database possible

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
pju4711

HTPC Specs: Show details

Is full mode setup without rebuilding WMC database possible

Post by pju4711 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:18 pm

Hi,
I have a WMC Windows 7 installation using Honeybee as EPG provider.
Since Honeybee seems unstable/unmaintained I want to switch to EPG123/SD.
But, is it possible somehow to avoid clearing WMC database, ie like skipping step 1 and 2 in client setup ?
I have manually sorted my channels in WMC and it is pretty boring to do that :)

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:13 am

Yes, it is possible. You can completely skip the [Client Setup] button and configure EPG123 using the configuration GUI and create a scheduled task in the client for 'Full Mode'.

To transition from your previous guide provider to EPG123/SD, in the client, select all channels on the left side, right-click any selected row and select 'Unsubscribe'. This will unmap the previously guide listing from each channel. You will then need to select the EPG123 lineup(s) on the right side after the mxf file has been imported. Depending on how you 'sorted' your channels will determine how much work will be required to map the EPG123/SD guide listings to your tuner channels.

Also of note, once you are using EPG123/SD guide listings, you will need to check all your recording requests to see if they work. Again, depending on how you setup the requests will determine if you have to recreate or change them.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Space

Post by Space » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:52 am

Will the transfer tool help/be necessary? I'm not familiar with Honeybee.

pju4711

Post by pju4711 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:39 am

garyan2 wrote:Yes, it is possible. You can completely skip the [Client Setup] button and configure EPG123 using the configuration GUI and create a scheduled task in the client for 'Full Mode'.

To transition from your previous guide provider to EPG123/SD, in the client, select all channels on the left side, right-click any selected row and select 'Unsubscribe'. This will unmap the previously guide listing from each channel. You will then need to select the EPG123 lineup(s) on the right side after the mxf file has been imported. Depending on how you 'sorted' your channels will determine how much work will be required to map the EPG123/SD guide listings to your tuner channels.

Also of note, once you are using EPG123/SD guide listings, you will need to check all your recording requests to see if they work. Again, depending on how you setup the requests will determine if you have to recreate or change them.
Great, thanks a lot for the explainer.
And the software, too !
Guess I'll do some practicing on a test setup - but it looks pretty straightforward :-)

Sendt fra min SM-G973F med Tapatalk

pju4711

Post by pju4711 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:50 am

Space wrote:Will the transfer tool help/be necessary? I'm not familiar with Honeybee.
Fortunately I do not have that many scheduled recordings at the moment, so a manual "transfer" is OK.
Honeybee is a service like SD. And many, many years ago a guy wrote a nice piece of software to act like EPG123, fetching from Honeybee and loading into WMC.
But thanks for the pointer :-)

Sendt fra min SM-G973F med Tapatalk