Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit CD/DVD drive

BUDDY

HTPC Specs: Show details

Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit CD/DVD drive

Post by BUDDY » Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:44 am

Hi.
As of recently my CD/DVD drive is no longer recognised except in Control Panel/Device Manager. It shows in this location but with an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle. A click on said drive brings up the Properties box with this message under the General tab:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Unable to Load Device Driver}
%hs device driver could not be loaded.
Error Status was 0x%x

I have done a driver replacement in the appropriate place but to no avail. Interestingly I have two Windows 8.1 boot devices (2x HDDs) inside the desktop. If I boot from the other HDD then the same CD/DVD device is fully operational thus at least revealing that the hardware is fine & something is amiss on the other Windows 8.1 HDD. Any thoughts much appreciated.

Thank you.
JP

IT Troll

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by IT Troll » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:26 am

Sounds like this could be a problem with some of the associated registry settings. Have you changed any recording and playback software? This article includes some methods to fix it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/top ... 9cc38ca53e
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1