New to GB. HELP with Dell XPS L702 WMS

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
JadefNFaded

HTPC Specs: Show details

New to GB. HELP with Dell XPS L702 WMS

Post by JadefNFaded » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:36 pm

When I got this computer it was a wreck from someone trying to do a dual boot so I just started over from fresh and did Windows 10 on it. I am all the way to 22H2 and I discovered all the old programs that used to be on it and have gotten most to work but during the updates I lost Windows Media center. I like the way 22 H2 works on it but I'm considering doing a new dual boot to put Windows 7 on one of the hard drives as I have just acquired another terabyte hard drive. Unless of course there is a stable version of wmc for the 22 H2 Windows 10 update. I am by no means a programmer and only just got into this because I didn't have a computer and somebody gave me this thing for free the wreck that it was. Over the night last night I discovered that it has the TV tuner and all these things in it that will not work without the Windows Media center. I'm welcoming all advice as I'm new enough to this I don't really know how I got the computer working as good as I have but this is fun. And I really miss the Windows Media center and how I used to have it hooked up to practically everything with Cody and all on it years ago. I think everyone now who may lend a hand.

Kevin Chalet

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Kevin Chalet » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:56 pm

As long as you don't need CableCard support, both GaRyan2's WMC 8.9.1 installer (available here: https://garyan2.github.io/win10.html) and the WMC 8.8.5 package maintained by MyDigitalLife contributors (available here: https://mega.nz/file/GKQx3aTB#1PY2AgBQh ... Sc5b2G1XhE) will work just fine on Windows 10 22H2 (and Windows 11... and Windows Server 2019/2022 too! :lol:).

Feel free to ask if you need help.