EPG123 Password Problem

Chat with other TGB members about whatever is on your mind.
hurkeybird

HTPC Specs: Show details

EPG123 Password Problem

Post by hurkeybird » Thu May 04, 2023 11:08 pm

Gary I've had your great guide service for WMC ever since MS dropped sending guide updates and I love it. A few days ago It quit updating. I opened EPG123 and there was an error message. I thought maybe I had to log in but it was not getting a response,  I tried several PS's that I use but none of them worked, I finally realized I had an internet problem. I have my house wired for ethernet and at the router I have an 4 port ethernet hub that is powered and the power adapter had come loose and was not powering the hub. After plugging it back in that fixed the internet problem but I can't remember my password and there is not a "forgot Password: button in EPG123. I went into Schedules Direct and reset that password and tried using that new PS in EPG123 to no avail. How do I reset the password so I can get things working again?
Thanks for your help
John H McClellan
Kingwood (Houston), TX

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri May 05, 2023 12:39 am

If you changed your password with Schedules Direct, when you first open EPG123 it will give you that message that you couldn’t login. When you close that message, the username and password fields should be editable. Did you erase the contents of the password field, enter your new password, and click [Login] and it still failed to login?
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

hurkeybird

Post by hurkeybird » Fri May 05, 2023 1:37 am

Yes I erased and entered the user name and PS the I entered in Schedules Direct. Now when I try to log in it says "Invalid user name or token as expired. Response INVALID_USER" and my guide expired a 7:00 PM tonight. I desperate to get my guide updated.

Space

Post by Space » Fri May 05, 2023 2:00 am

If you have had too many authentication failures within a certain time frame, SD will block you for 24 hours. However, I don't think the error message would be INVALID_USER, instead it would be a "host not found", or "host refused connection" type error.

INVALID_USER indicates that you are using an incorrect username or the wrong password for that username. Perhaps you are accidentally using your email address instead of your username?

hurkeybird

Post by hurkeybird » Fri May 05, 2023 2:16 am

I using exactly what I used in SD. I did have too many tries though and it said try to log in again in 15 minutes. So maybe that's it. I'll wait untill tomorrow evening and try again. Hopefully that is it. Would reinstalling the EPG123 server help? If so, do I need to uninstall first?

hurkeybird

Post by hurkeybird » Fri May 05, 2023 5:57 pm

I waited until noon today and it let me log in. Now what do I do to get it to update my guide?
Thanks John

hurkeybird

Post by hurkeybird » Fri May 05, 2023 7:00 pm

I got it fixed. All I had to do was "Save and Exit" and it updated the guide. Thanks to all who helped me.