K-Lite codec packs

Having trouble playing all your different media types? Ask here!
mercalia

HTPC Specs: Show details

K-Lite codec packs

Post by mercalia » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:53 pm

I have been using this pack for a very long time with no problems. Allows you to control whether you see subtitles and has allowed to play anything I have been able to throw at my media center

https://www.codecguide.com/

Jacoats

Post by Jacoats » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:16 pm

Hello. I am a longtime user of windows media center and I refuse to give it up. Recently I started using dvblink for iptv to watch iptv and I’m very happy with my current setup. The only piece I’m missing are subtitles. I have installed lab splitters codec and made what I think are the appropriate settings but no subtitles. I did see forced subtitles in a bind movie yesterday. Any idea how I can make this work ? Is it a codec problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mercalia

Post by mercalia » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:52 pm

Jacoats wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:16 pm Hello. I am a longtime user of windows media center and I refuse to give it up. Recently I started using dvblink for iptv to watch iptv and I’m very happy with my current setup. The only piece I’m missing are subtitles. I have installed lab splitters codec and made what I think are the appropriate settings but no subtitles. I did see forced subtitles in a bind movie yesterday. Any idea how I can make this work ? Is it a codec problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well the K-Kite codecs do not work with native wtv files of media center ( have to use the MS inbuilt system) pnly eg mkv. Thats the only type of file I have tried from eg ripping blu-rays or downloads. In my case the config tool fior K-Lite has a complicated set of rules to detemine what shows and what doesnt and which languages. I dont fully understant the rules cannot be of much help in your case. I am in the UK with Freeview terrestial tv never tried any form of internet tv, which I assume you are referring to.

Jacoats

Post by Jacoats » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:30 pm

Thanks for your reply. Yes I’m referring to iptv in Wmce. I can’t seem to get the subtitles working even though they work in Plex and VLC using the same iptv stream. Maybe someone else will see this who has an idea. Thanks again.

mercalia

Post by mercalia » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:41 pm

Jacoats wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:30 pm Thanks for your reply. Yes I’m referring to iptv in Wmce. I can’t seem to get the subtitles working even though they work in Plex and VLC using the same iptv stream. Maybe someone else will see this who has an idea. Thanks again.
what you might try is to install the Media Browser plugin ( normally used for organising media) and to use its facility to change the player from MC to play files to eg VLC.( so called "external players") You can select which file extension uses which player. eg .WTV ->MC, .mkv ->VLC etc. I have done that on a spare system as I wanted to just auto repeat a media file for a display system and MC wont do that ( as far as I know) Then you could get your subtitles from VLC? Using VLC works fine from MC ( but I have had some issues with some versions & stayed with a fairly old version that integrates with MC well). I use an Antec Veris/IMon infrared remote system and that controls the combo system well,( 99+% of time) smooth transitions, when you exit VLC returns to MC. The thing about VLC is has its own codecs

In another post some one mentioned the Unified Remote/server software with the remote running on a smartphone, has remote profiles for MC and VLC and many other media players. I use an old Windows phone but I think you can get the remote app for Android. is only a few pounds for the fully unlocked system. I have been playing with this recently quite impressed. If your remote cannot handle the combo you could try that

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14142