SDV Tuning Adapter No Signal Charter/spectrum Irwindale

mafaldatv

HTPC Specs: Show details

SDV Tuning Adapter No Signal Charter/spectrum Irwindale

Post by mafaldatv » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:02 pm

Generally my tuning adapter stops working about every 3 weeks. A power off/on has always fixed it. 10 days ago give or take that didn't fix it. Charter rolled a tech who spent 6 hours redoing everything (3 new TAs, new cable card, new wiring etc). SDV channers were intermittent. He finally gave up. Next day was contacted by a supervisor who said they had started to get similar reports from others in the area (probably TIVO owners), so it wasn't (as I had assumed) my setup. But now a week later it still isn't working. Regular channels are fine. Anybody having this experience?

unclebun

Post by unclebun » Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:39 pm

Yes, same thing here. The tuning adapter never locks on, and always has a blinking light. Tech was talking to the highest-up at headquarters and there was one more step that the higher up suggested which hasn't been carried out yet. But what I gathered from the tech's conversation with a local tech supervisor was that this happened when they started replacing equipment with stuff that is more in line with what Time/Warner used. They think that the system isn't giving whatever signal is necessary for the tuning adapter to lock onto the frequency that the SDV channels are on (which happens to be 333 MHz).

mafaldatv

Post by mafaldatv » Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:21 pm

Thanks. The tech who was here spent 6 hours. I was 'pretty' sure it wasn't my system. I waited a week and was able to contact the supervisor. He is in the dark as to the cause, but said they (some higher ups somewhere) WERE still working on it. When I reboot I get a steady light but CETON reports "check signal". Nothing so far....