Use Movie Folders Created For Kodi?

dshorrosh

HTPC Specs: Show details

Use Movie Folders Created For Kodi?

Post by dshorrosh » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:29 am

I built my HTPC with the intent of running all TV and ripped media thru Kodi, with OSMC running on a couple of remote client RPs. Everything was great until Cox activated the CopyOnce CCI flag on all national cable channels, rendering Kodi and OSMC useless for anything besides local OTA that was repeated over Cox cable.

So, I'm using WMC since PlayReady can handle the CCI flag. So far, so good.

However, the movies I ripped from DVDs and Blu Rays won't play - ISOs and MKVs, respectively. I can see the titles under 'Movies' but no art, cast or synopsis, and a cryptic message when I try to play a movie:

"Cannot Play Video. Windows Media Center cannot find the specified file. Be sure the path is typed correctly. If it is, the file does not exist at the specified location, or the computer where the file is stored is offline."

Media Libraries under Setup show the 3x logical hard drives and associated folders are selected (I've got 4x physical drives split into 7x logical drives for System, TV, Music, Concerts, and the 3x Movies drives - and all drives have an associated folder which contains the ripped media content).

Kodi will play the movies fine, and both Kodi and WMC play the ripped music. So I'm at a loss.

Suggestions are appreciated, thanks in advance.

grittree

Post by grittree » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:03 pm

Using windows explorer, find the file and right click. Select play with WMC. What happens?

dshorrosh

Post by dshorrosh » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:25 pm

Welp - 'play with wmc' does not appear when right-click on both .ISO and .MKV, and I don't see where to select wmc from 'open with'. Where do I go from here?

dshorrosh

Post by dshorrosh » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:29 am

OK, crisis resolved. I downloaded Virtual Clone Drive and Mikinho Mount Image, then LAV Filters, et voila - I can now view ripped ISOs and MKVs in full surround. It's magic.

pungo

Post by pungo » Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:19 am

dshorrosh wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:29 am OK, crisis resolved. I downloaded Virtual Clone Drive and Mikinho Mount Image, then LAV Filters, et voila - I can now view ripped ISOs and MKVs in full surround. It's magic.
I went a little different route where I use WMC on win7 with HDHomeRun cable card for viewing FIOS TV. I have several ripped movies including 4k/HDR/ATMOS/etc.... Since Kodi has that great movie selection front end, I have a launch Kodi icon in the WMC menu so I launch Kodi from WMC, select a movie which launches MPC-BE with madvr/lav to play movies in up to 2160p HDR ATMOS/TrueHD/DTS/etc.. surround. When done with the movie, exit MPC, exit Kodi and I'm back to WMC, using the remote for everything, fairly seamlessly. Wife friendly ...

Are you using lav in WMC? If so how do you tell WMC to use lav?

dshorrosh

Post by dshorrosh » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:36 pm

You're more advanced than I am on your configuration, but it was just 'standard' LAV Filters download. Some prefer Shark 007 (contains several codecs) or Haali Media Splitter but LAV worked for me.

I have to admit I can't get subtitles to work for me - when I hit the subtitles button on Live TV, Windows audio drops to 0 and subtitles appear (same thing happens when I mute the Windows audio with keyboard commands).