What tweak did I apply to get WMC to show day/date/time?

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
DSperber

HTPC Specs: Show details

What tweak did I apply to get WMC to show day/date/time?

Post by DSperber » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:30 am

I'm baffled. Someone please help.

Tonight I disconnected the extender in my kitchen which is connected to my M910t "production" WMC machine that is busily recording all Olympics channels except for USA, and reconnected my other extender which is connected to my Z170 "backup" WMC machine. I wanted to be able to watch Olympics program recordings from USA which I am recording 24/7 exclusively on the Z170 machine to lighten the load on my M910t machine which is busy recording NBCSN 24/7 as well as ongoing all other Guide-driven "2020 Tokyo Olympics" series programs from the other four channels that are part of NBC's televised schedule. I've manually DO NOT RECORD'ed all "2020 Tokyo Olympics" for USA and NBCSN so that I could set up 8 manual 3-hour recording blocks covering the 24-hours of each channel (regardless of what is on, simply recording the whole 24-hour day on both channels in 8 3-hour segments). So Z170 (and its extenders around my house) is my USA machine, and M910t (and its separate extenders around my house) is for everything else.

So tonight I wanted to watch content from USA in the kitchen, hence why the Z170 kitchen extender needed to be "activated".

Well, surprisingly I noticed that WMC (from Z170) is displaying not only the TIME in the upper-right corner of the screen as it does on M910t, but is also displaying the DAY and DATE!! It's not only on the extender, but also when using my local monitor from WMC itself. It just does it.

It's been so long since I've watched anything via Z170 that if this has always been the case I certainly didn't remember it. In fact I can't recall ever seeing that, probably because I've been using M910t as my "production" HTPC for about 4 years now. But whatever the backstory I don't recall whatever tweak I may have applied to Z170 to get it to show DAY and DATA along with TIME. It's likely I did tweak something from some old TGB forum article perhaps, but for the life of me I don't recall doing it. And I can't find any hint or note of the method in my WMC notes.

Does anybody have an idea what I must have done on Z170 to get WMC to display day/date as well as time on those two outputs? If it's old information from many years back I'm sure others would appreciate this trick as well.

Or, if it's not a special tweak/trick but rather a standard setting or option, or maybe something coming from EPG123(??), I'd still like to know how I got this.

Thanks for any input you can offer.

DSperber

Post by DSperber » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:49 am

Just for comparison, here is how the same two WMC outputs look on M910t. Only TIME. No DAY or DATE.

Could this be some Registry hack I learned from some tip on the old TGB maybe?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:13 pm

The TweakWMC option to 'Add date to clock display' is for both the guide page and the home page... is a global setting for WMC.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

DSperber

Post by DSperber » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:55 pm

AHA!

I had actually looked at the "Tweak WMC" page, since I assumed that must have been where it came from. But I'm so sleep-deprived from fighting with (1) what appears to be a failing Ceton ETH tuner along with (2) problems recording USA on both my Ceton ETH as well as my Ceton PCIe, that I completely missed seeing the option which is not in the left column where all the other options appear and which my eyes had scanned, looking for something relating to "date". Sure enough it absolutely was right there in front of my eyes, but "floating" all by itself at what could be described as the starting top item in what could be called a new second column of options.

Mea culpa for overlooking it. And obviously I had checked that option for EPG123 running on Z170, but had overlooked also applying it to EPG123 running on M910t. I've now done it there as well.

Thanks for rattling my cage on this.