Add additional Quatro, Setup Data not found

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
gumshoenoir

HTPC Specs: Show details

Add additional Quatro, Setup Data not found

Post by gumshoenoir » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:54 pm

I'm having trouble configuring my win7 WMC for two (2) Silicon Dust HDHomeRun Quatros.

I've had a Win 7 WMC with WinTV and AVerMedia tuners with a single Quatro and configured for Schedule direct guide data since January... FWIW I'm a long time WMC users.

Today I performed some maintenance on my WMC replacing an old boot drive with a new 2tb drive. No problem. Then I removed the two tuner cards and added a Quatro for a total of two Quatros. The Quatros seem to make better use of the available signal.

I upgraded the firmware on the Quatros 20200907 and downloaded the epg123Setup_v1.3.10.20.zip software installing over the existing version. - browsing to my.hdhomerun.com shows both tuners with 96 OTA channels each.

I tried to just add the new tuner without success, so I just started with the clean setup of the epg123 client software.

When I run the WMC setup, the 'download setup data' step fails with message; "The new TV setup data could not be downloaded" if I proceed it seems to setup with one quatro (4 tuners) and not the now removed WinTV and AVerMedia boards as expected. I get the feeling that quatro is from cached setup data as I've run the tuner config several times once with both tuners powered off and it still shows the one Quatro detected. I have used the enable more than 4 tunners in the WMC tweak of the epg123 client.

Hopefully MicroSoft hasn't removed the end point for the setup data? Does anyone know the URL for the setup data so I can check possible DNS and routing issues? If this is a known issue is there a work around?

Thanks, - Jeff
aka @jhalbrecht KF7CRU

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:58 pm

Have you opened up the hdhomerun setup program for it to see the new Quatro? That may force the registry changes wmc needs to know it exists.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:35 pm

Nope, pretty sure it has been removed. the advice here: viewtopic.php?f=99&t=11696&p=126887&hil ... ta#p126887
should provide a workaround.
Oops, I see Gary beat me to the punch. Follow his advice as he is the expert.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:30 pm

I'll expand further now that I'm back to the computer. I've found that adding a new tuner won't make it available immediately. WMC will eventually see it, but to get things kickstarted, I just open the 'HDHomeRun Setup' program from the start menu. It will discover the new tuner for that machine. Just click the [OK] button and then run TV Setup in WMC. It should see it then.
- Gary

gumshoenoir

Post by gumshoenoir » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:49 am

garyan2 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:30 pm I'll expand further now that I'm back to the computer. I've found that adding a new tuner won't make it available immediately. WMC will eventually see it, but to get things kickstarted, I just open the 'HDHomeRun Setup' program from the start menu. It will discover the new tuner for that machine. Just click the [OK] button and then run TV Setup in WMC. It should see it then.
:-)

Looking good now. Thanks for the help. Maybe stick a paragraph in the FAQ and/or Wiki to cover this?

Seems like the last time I went through the guide setup I was offered two lineups OTA one from Arizona Tucson and the other Phoenix where I live, actually Mesa. This didn't offer the choice which is fine by me, it was confusing previously because the line up from the further away market seemed to work better.

Also, it seems to have added channels in the VHF numbering without doing the additional setup? <- not a complaint either just wondering if I was perceiving this correctly.

Anyway I've got guide listings and my scheduled recordings are intact, along with a nice green TV set icon in the bottom right.

It's a good feeling to have the new drive in place. I wasn't getting any indication of failure on the previous drive but it was, could it be, near a decade old?... Now I have it as a spare along with the new drive that added a 1/2tb of free space.

Thanks for the help!

- Jeff

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:22 am

When you deny the Program Guide Terms of Service, WMC is not going to offer any lineups to choose. You will also not get a choice if you are starting on a clean machine that has never downloaded the lineups available in your zip code since MS no longer provides that.

Only Win8/Win10 with WMC scans the VHF channels so won't have to manually add them. It is only Win7 that does not scan VHF channels. In this case, you say you have Win7 so that would imply you accepted the Program Guide Terms of Service?
- Gary