Access existing tuners from other systems?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
jriker1

HTPC Specs: Show details

Access existing tuners from other systems?

Post by jriker1 » Tue May 19, 2020 4:29 pm

I sadly am starting to slowly move away from media center after being with it from the beginning. Not there yet but bought a NVidia Shield Pro to start playing all my movies so the media center computer is strictly still recording and watching live shows. That said, it would be cool if I could start playing with other systems being able to see how they work if they support Ceton. I have Infini TV 4 tuner and curious if it's easy and how to expand that to allow other systems on the network to use it. Also what is the risk of damaging my current setup? Note for me right now I have Emby on my Shield so would be looking to try that with some of the tuners.

tonywagner

Post by tonywagner » Wed May 20, 2020 10:58 am

ServerWMC will do some of this — your WMC will continue to function normally, but it will also be made available (tuners, guide, recordings and all) to any other system on your network running Kodi with the ServerWMC PVR addon.

If you had the USB version of the Infini TV 4, you could try it directly in the Shield.

Otherwise, for PCIe you could install the Emby server on your WMC PC and try that out, or Plex, etc. Just watch out for tuner conflicts if you continue to let WMC record. Maybe even dual boot Linux and try TVHeadend or MythTV?

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Wed May 27, 2020 12:02 am

Someone made a proxy for windows that tricks Emby into thinking ceton tuners are HD Homeruns. This might give you native support in Emby. It also works for Plex, and Next PVR

https://github.com/craigmox/cetonproxy