YAMMM broken 2020?

martyHTPC

HTPC Specs: Show details

YAMMM broken 2020?

Post by martyHTPC » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:47 pm

I could be wrong, but it looks like YAMMM is no longer able to get data from tmdb.org. Looks like their page has changed so much that it's broken YAMMM's ability to get any movie data. Artwork, metadata, Movie names etc. Anyone else see this or is it just me. How do we respectfully request the developer to please fix?? Does anyone have a way to contact him?

martyHTPC

Post by martyHTPC » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:58 pm

And by the way this isn't a configuration problem on my end. I haven't needed in a few weeks, but I know it was working last month. Just tried to get some old movies I had to redo and usually the only thing I have ever had to do to "fix" it if it wasn't working was to stop and re-start the YAMMMSVC in services. Tried this 3 times and I'm getting nothing and nothing has changed on my configuration for years. Loved YAMMM becasue it was simple and just works, except when tmdb.org changes something...drat!

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:08 pm

The developer abandoned it years ago. The source code is hosted on something like GitHub, and I have a local copy of it if a developer wants to come along and update it.

martyHTPC

Post by martyHTPC » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:36 am

I know there are many YAMMM users out there. Any developers in the mix that could fix this program. Or does anyone know of an alternative program that would do what YAMMM did. Download art work, retrieve metadata like synopsis, actors, genre, etc. and rename the media with proper name and year etc. YAMMM was so simple and just worked in the background without any day to day user action. If it saw a new movie folder in a watched directory it would rename the folder and files properly and download the art and synopsis xml file.

tonywagner

Post by tonywagner » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:49 pm

martyHTPC wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:36 am I know there are many YAMMM users out there. Any developers in the mix that could fix this program. Or does anyone know of an alternative program that would do what YAMMM did. Download art work, retrieve metadata like synopsis, actors, genre, etc. and rename the media with proper name and year etc. YAMMM was so simple and just worked in the background without any day to day user action. If it saw a new movie folder in a watched directory it would rename the folder and files properly and download the art and synopsis xml file.
There are lots of programs that do that -- just not for WMC usage. I have to imagine the WMC user base is relatively low these days.

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:04 pm

I have ver 13.10.28.1336 (x64) installed on a Win7 PC, but only use it now for correctly renaming new folder/movies, without downloading any metadata. Still seems to succeed at that.

Update: Had a few moments to test so I re-enabled image downloading. While it was only a sample of one movie, that still works, too.

martyHTPC

Post by martyHTPC » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:10 pm

d00zah,

Thanks for testing it. Your testing and confirming it does in fact still works led me to determine the true cause for it failing on my setup. I created a new local folder as the "watch" folder and it worked perfectly. My original configuration was pointed to a NAS. A couple weeks ago , I had to have the NAS tech support correct a problem I was having which ended up requiring all manners of NAS firmware and OS updates. Which also required an admin password change. Entered in the share user name and password in the YAMMM config util and all is back to normal.

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:28 pm

Outstanding! Glad you got it sorted out. It may only serve for light duty these days, but it's still handy.

Thanks, mikinho... "Member of Evil League of Evil, software developer, former Microsoft MVP and overall geek. Druid formerly known as Iblis".

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:54 pm

I use it all the time, still works fine for me... If we need a upload somewhere, let me know I can figure out what version I am using and upload it someplace...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012