No guide option, how do you restore it?

eviln3d

HTPC Specs: Show details

No guide option, how do you restore it?

Post by eviln3d » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:15 am

Okay, I've been messing around with this new build of WMC on a windows 7 computer for about 2 days now... My problem now is when I open WMC the only options I see under TV are "recorded tv" and "live tv"... their is no "guide"... I know I've uninstalled and reinstalled mover everything related to WMC in trying to get the playready to stop popping up... but it appears I've managed to eliminate the guilde.

Oddly enough if I go to "settings" and then to "guide" it will let me edit channels and the channels I am seeing are the right ones for my area... but I just can't get the option of "guide" on WMC.... anyone have a clue on this?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:21 am

If you perform a TV Setup, and accept the Program Guide Terms of Service, then once you are done scanning the channels the guide will be activated. For whatever reason, since you do not have the guide but have the channels, you can manually activate the guide by changing a couple registry settings.

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Settings\ProgramGuide]
"fAgreeTOS"=dword:00000001
"strAgreedTOSVersion"="1.0"
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

eviln3d

Post by eviln3d » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:25 am

Thanks. I'll try that in the morning. I was hoping that there was some way to do it without going through the whole WMC setup again as I was afraid if I did the full setup I would be stuck back in playready loop again.

PrplHaz4

Post by PrplHaz4 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:24 pm

Are you running the setup over RDP? If so, it thinks you're an extender and will prevent you from accessing certain menus.