Salmon coloring

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
Space

HTPC Specs: Show details

Salmon coloring

Post by Space » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:34 pm

Gary,

I was wondering what it means when a channel in the EPG123 server GUI is colored salmon.

Does it mean it is a new channel? If so, a new channel since when? Since the last time I ran the server GUI? When is the salmon highlight removed? After I see it (scroll down to see it) or after I run the GUI (regardless if I notice it or not) after it has been highlighted?

Also, is there any documentation for this type of stuff? You have a great guide for installing the software, but not much (other than searching the forums) regarding running the software and what things mean.

Oh, and by the way, in case you didn't notice, I finally activated that key you were so nice to provide to me, thanks again!

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:05 pm

The salmon color in the configuration GUI indicates a new station since you last saved the configuration file. The configuration file contains all the stations in your lineups to identify which ones you have selected to download and which ones you have elected to not download. When the configuration GUI opens and there is a station that is not part of that list, then it is NEW and given the salmon background.

If you have the 'Automatically download new station in lineups' option enabled, then those new stations will automatically be checked to include in the download.

The only way to remove the salmon color is to save a new configuration file to commit your selection to download or not for the new station(s)... use the [Save] or [Save & Execute] button.

No documentation for this, and a few other things that can be done only by editing the .cfg file. For a general user, these things just aren't important or even noticed.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Space

Post by Space » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:12 pm

Thanks, I had a chance to mess with this a little and did discover that the coloring went away when you saved the config, but not right away. You have to exit the client tool and then the next time you run it the coloring is gone. I like the way this works.

Also, the same coloring in the client tool seems to be when the channel has been manually renamed in some way, correct?

The only channel I manually renamed is channel 1 and I just made it a really long series of underscores so that it would "fix" the "Favorites" bug where the channel display field was only as wide as the first entry.

Free preview of HBO & Cinemax this weekend with many TV service providers (March 13th - March 16th), so recording a lot of stuff, including the first two seasons of Westworld (already had the first, so just recording the second).
Last edited by Space on Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:56 pm

The salmon coloring in the client shows if you have a custom Call Sign and/or custom Number. I see I may have broken that a little... the custom Call Sign should only highlight that element and not the entire row. I'll get that fixed but have to wonder how long that has been going on?

Anyway, the salmon color will indicate there is a custom entry and the 'Guide Channel with [Custom Labels]' in red indicates it is showing the custom values. If you click that button to change it to [Original Labels], the table will show the original but the elements will still be colored salmon.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Space

Post by Space » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:52 pm

I changed the "Call Sign" for channel 1 to a long string of underscores, and the only field that is salmon is the "Call Sign" field.