Guide Data Incorrect and Updating Issues

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
Kestrel88

HTPC Specs: Show details

Guide Data Incorrect and Updating Issues

Post by Kestrel88 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:34 am

So I see that my guide still has the Jeopardy special on so I try and figure out how to manually sync a new guide listing. Can't find any real info quickly, assuming it's by hitting the save and execute button.

After waiting through the process, I end up with an icon on my bar that says import delayed due to recording in progress. I then kill all recordings in WMC and I just have the icon still sitting there. I attempt to open the program and get an error about an instance already open.

Is that how you force a guide update?

Why is it not actually updating the guide if something is recording, not an issue when using the built in WMC guide.

How do I force the import so I don't have the icon just hanging out?

If I wanted to compare guide listings, do we know what major sites are from the same source as SD?

Kestrel88

Post by Kestrel88 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:44 am

Since I had already screwed up my 8 oclock hour recordings, I installed an update waiting on windows and rebooted. After doing so, checked the log and looks like the pending update was never imported and I would need to run it again.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:15 am

Save and execute is how to force a guide update. The guide data import will delay till any recording in progress is scheduled to end. (It will NOT recognize if you stop the recording early) Your reboot effectively canceled the pending update so you would need to redo the save and execute.