My Channel Logos Version 2

makryger

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by makryger » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:04 pm

Uploaded some new Canadian TV logos, for about 28 unique channels (51 logos when you count both the color and white versions). Mostly channels that start with A, B, C. Majority are new matches, some are old channels with new logos. FYI, there are a couple stations (Ztele, Bite) that had old logos with both colour AND white versions, but the new logos are just white so they are visible atop the MC background. You'll have to delete the old colour ones for the new white ones to match.

Also, for US users, I've uploaded a new TVLand and TVLand HD logo.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:21 pm

makryger wrote:Uploaded some new Canadian TV logos, for about 28 unique channels (51 logos when you count both the color and white versions). Mostly channels that start with A, B, C. Majority are new matches, some are old channels with new logos. FYI, there are a couple stations (Ztele, Bite) that had old logos with both colour AND white versions, but the new logos are just white so they are visible atop the MC background. You'll have to delete the old colour ones for the new white ones to match.

Also, for US users, I've uploaded a new TVLand and TVLand HD logo.
Thanks for the continued support. :D Were you able to dertermine why it's not working on Win8?
newfiend~

makryger

Post by makryger » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:59 pm

newfiend wrote: Thanks for the continued support. :D Were you able to dertermine why it's not working on Win8?
newfiend~
haven't had the chance to look at it yet
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

STC

Post by STC » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:13 am

Cheers for more logos mak! :D
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

makryger

Post by makryger » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:23 pm

More Canadian logos- letters C through L, as well as a bunch of local affilliates for global/CTV/CTV too/CityTV.

tommo

Post by tommo » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:02 pm

when a win8 version comes out will people who previously bought the premium version have to pay again?

makryger

Post by makryger » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:54 pm

tommo wrote:when a win8 version comes out will people who previously bought the premium version have to pay again?
Haven't quite decided that yet...

STC

Post by STC » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:11 pm

makryger wrote:More Canadian logos- letters C through L, as well as a bunch of local affilliates for global/CTV/CTV too/CityTV.
Cool thanks again! The list is looking real good now :D

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:00 pm

If I was upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8, I would expect to be able to transfer the exact software that I have already purchased to the new OS at no charge, assuming there are no incompatibility issues. However, if for whatever reason I cannot install the exact same software on the new OS, meaning I have to obtain a new version of the software, I would expect to have to pay an additional fee to purchase the new version of the software. Basically, if MCL 2 works on Windows 8, I think it should be free to download again if needed. If it doesn't work on Windows 8 and users are required to download MCL 3 in Windows 8, I see no harm in charging a fee for MCL 3.

UCBearcat

Post by UCBearcat » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:40 pm

richard1980 wrote:If I was upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8, I would expect to be able to transfer the exact software that I have already purchased to the new OS at no charge, assuming there are no incompatibility issues. However, if for whatever reason I cannot install the exact same software on the new OS, meaning I have to obtain a new version of the software, I would expect to have to pay an additional fee to purchase the new version of the software. Basically, if MCL 2 works on Windows 8, I think it should be free to download again if needed. If it doesn't work on Windows 8 and users are required to download MCL 3 in Windows 8, I see no harm in charging a fee for MCL 3.
I agree with Richard here. But.... MCL is such a good app, I would have no problem paying another 3 bucks to put in on Win8.

makryger

Post by makryger » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:06 am

Looking for someone to test a Windows 8 version of MCLv2. Please PM me.

EDIT: Got someone for now. Thanks.

makryger

Post by makryger » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:28 pm

More Canadian Logos up: a bunch of local affiliates, plus channels M through S. (About 45 channels total)

Added a new OWN and OWN HD logo, too.

STC

Post by STC » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:27 pm

makryger wrote:Added a new OWN and OWN HD logo, too.
WAF +1
HAF -1

:D

STC

Post by STC » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:42 pm

Wow, the channels are exploding with icons!

makryger

Post by makryger » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:53 pm

stonethecrows wrote:Wow, the channels are exploding with icons!
Hmm... I forgot to mention that- some of the icons are subject to spontaneous explosions....

Did you manually update the logos, or did the logos appear in your guide automatically?

STC

Post by STC » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:01 am

Recently automatically, plus this was the first time in a couple of weeks I scrolled through them.

Cool!

makryger

Post by makryger » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:14 pm

Uploaded some new logos for Canadian users, including NFL Sunday ticket, Setanta HD, lots of RDS and TSN stations, new Sportsnet logos, new CBC news network logos, Nascar logos, leafs logos, NHL center Ice logos, and Premium movie channel logos.

With that, I think I'm about done with the 2012 Canada Logo Upgrade. There are about 60 channels from the data I've collected that are mostly foreign language international channels that I'm not going to bother creating, but users can always find/make/add their own images.

But for the most part, every major channel for Canadian users should have a logo now.

makryger

Post by makryger » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:21 pm

I just completed a migration of my site to a new platform... Please tell me if you have any issues.

Thanks!

PeterUK

Post by PeterUK » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:54 pm

makryger wrote:I just completed a migration of my site to a new platform... Please tell me if you have any issues.

Thanks!
I just donated and I was redirected by Paypal to a 404 Not Found error for the page. Luckily I got an automated e-mail with my download link a few minutes later.

makryger

Post by makryger » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:36 am

Thanks for the information- the redirect had not been changed in paypal, but that has been fixed now. Fortunately, the automated email should still go out after you finish the purchase. That's all the confirmation page says.