How much time does it take to install HDHomerun Dual?

stevethebrain

HTPC Specs: Show details

How much time does it take to install HDHomerun Dual?

Post by stevethebrain » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:35 pm

how much time does it take to install home run dual
I'm attempting to install the home run dual the model #10350EAA.
installed the prerequisites
installed the C+ framework

attempting to Finish tab completing the HR setup wizard. the finish seams to be the hangup being in progress
how long does it take?
using win7media center

I have the antenna connected it is very strong w7mc scans channels from 100 miles away about 40 channels + there sub channels . only four are watchable, is this why the install progress is slow like I'm going on 1/2 hour there isn't any display of % of progress
just a spinning circle.
edit:i've allowed programs to communicate though windows firewall using chrome as browser

edit2 I'm prefer not to go back to planB that reduces me to two tuners
Attachments
hr finish.jpg

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:38 pm

On a healthy system, 5 minutes. While the installer does add the necessary firewall rules for the HDHomerun software, I suggest temporarily disabling the Windows Firewall and any anti-virus programs during the installation.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

stevethebrain

Post by stevethebrain » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:05 pm

yeah I thought something was wrong I have disabled the mcafee and allow communication though fire wall however I never designated HR software to communicat

I also removed the unsuccessful install from yesterday then reinstalled today.

I was thinking the HR was actually scanning channels like MC does because that took a extreme amount of time for me to reinstall a old portable tuner.

as for the sys. health it should be 100% it's a new install of the operating sys. then a bunch of crappie updates still no HR.

what should I do remove again an start over?

stevethebrain

Post by stevethebrain » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:14 pm

OK I have it updating configureation never saw a completion the wiard just dissappeared and dissconnected the net connection even when I'm still on net.

how long should it take to scan 40+ channels should I set up TV signal in MC?

stevethebrain

Post by stevethebrain » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:48 pm

OK back in bussiness however I was extremely unsatisfied w/ the lack of support from the weasles at HR
they basicelly wrote this and I quote"Dear steve,
There is not much we can do for setting up Windows Media Center, as support for it is ending in four days. Can you tell me what device ID is printed on the bottom of your HDHomeRun unit? I sent # guess he thought well thats a legacy eqipment and we don't feel like advicing.

this weasl thinks it ends in 4 day Guy can't count its 1-14-20 which is more than two weeks

still don't understand why I don't see the HR in device manager under network element or adaptors

edit: turned the firewall and Mcafee hopfully the HR will still work she was was recording 3 programs simultaneously.
thanks Scallica